Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

FS9 cockpit view panning - disaster on approach

For those of you used to the FS2002 cockpit view panning where you can flick to left or right and then return to centre forward view, FS9 cockpit panning is remarkably different where there is a full smooth pan. The problem is that there is no automatic return to centre forward view.I was flying the new 777 and turning left above the sea to line up for the runway when, through all my previous FS2002 flying habits, I flicked to the left ensure I was in the correct position. Great mistake. In trying to recover a centre forward view my aircraft plunged into the ocean!I have now returned to the old style of FS2002 cockpit view, and am leaving the panning to VC view.If you want to make the change it is quite simple. Go to your FS9.cfg:{CONTROLS}KBDAIL=64KBDELEV=64KBDRUD=64PAN_RATE=900PAN_IN_COCKPIT_MODE=0 //was=1 << change 1 to 0>>CheersMike

To recover the forward view in a jiffy Mike, tap your space bar. I used to say "hit", but in my first class as a systems instructor, I told my students to hit enter, and I still recall one or two return keys flying off the keyboards :)-John

Hi JohnThanks for that info. I had no idea about the spacebar re-centering the forward view.I will revert to the default pan=1 and see how that goes.CheersMike

Guest DonaldS

Tell me more about this panning business in FS2004/FS9.Must be something I missed. (Which wouldn't be unusua) I'm still using the old Shift/num key 4 (for left view, Shift/num key 6 for right view, etc. etc. etc. (NOT IN VC mode)Is this a new panning feature in FS2004?Thanks!Regards,Don S

there are 2 usefull key assignments1) i use to snap back to that set forward standar view, it is calledeyepoint resetand2) to revert back fast to 1X zoom from having zoomed in a lot to adjust the rudder trim or what have you I assign this key:set zoom to 1xi assigned buttons on my CH pro to these, and easily accessed keys