Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Changing font and color of LEAR panel

I posted this in the panel forum with no response at all. Thought I try here.How easy or difficult is it to change the font and color of the numbers in the panel of the LEARJET of the autopilot area, heading, speed, altitude, etc....in FS2004.It is sometimes very hard to read and change those numbers.I'd like to make the font larger and use a different color for each if possible.I remember somebody did just that in FS2002Would appreciate any help.Thanks.Abe

you would have to increase the size of entire gauge in panel.cfg whcih would take a little design considerations

or you ca open the gauge and redraw the numbers if they will fit in the area provided but this takes know how

>I posted this in the panel forum with no response at all.>Thought I try here.You received no answer simply because it's not possible to "edit" those things.You would have to build an entirely new gauge, and frankly none of us have time for that right now. All our copious "free time" is being spent upgrading/fixing/tweaking/building existing freeware and commercial products for FS9.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

I went back and reread the thread in the Aircraft & Panel Design Forum... You *were* answered by two knowledgeable individuals, but apparently you simply don't like their answers...which is simply NO... **unless the gauge is XML, in which case you do have that ability... but you were asking about the Lear. It uses .gau type files and cannot be changed.BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Thanks guys for your help.Just an addendum.I used the modified LEAR Gau file in FS2000. As you can see from picture it worked. But when I substituted it in FS2004 - by the way, for whatever it's worth, the gau files are identical in size, the modification did not work.Abe