Sign in to follow this  

FFX DC 10 in 2004.....Which panel and sound?

Hi all,I'm trying to add to the FS2004 stable, and am now working with the FFX DC10. Seems I get a sound error when loading one of the DC 10 panel choices. Also not particularly happy with one of the Sound choices I found in the library.What panel (hopefully realistic and fully functional) and Sound set are any of you successfully using with this great plane. Thanks, Stan

Guest CargoMun

Did you try the PW and GE sound sets that FFX also put out for the DC-10 release?

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,You're welcome to try this one out if you want. I haven't tried it yet, but a fellow who is a DC-10 nut suggested it and so I'm thinking it may be the best one. It does seem like a large file. If you try it out plz come back and let me know what you think of it. :) It's on avsim un der FS2002 panels and the following name is NOT a typo.hedc103.zip.zipCheers

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try these today. Appreciate it. Stan

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Chris,Ok. Thanks for letting us know. I thought that this fellow was using it in FS2004, so I'll have to ask him about this. Btw, I know I'm not Stan, but was interested what happened if someone tried to use this panel or how it was and just wanted to say thanks.Edit: here is what this fellow(the DC-10 nut) said about Hector's panel...Here is one that is much better and works perfectly in fs2004 (although something requires fsuipc, i dont know what though)He was saying that he lliked it better then Staffan Ahlberg's panel. When I get around to installing the FFX/SGA DC-10's I'll be trying Hector's panel and see what happens myself. I have tried Staffan Ahlberg's panel in FS2002 and thought it was pretty good but I intend to try out Hector's panel anyway.Regards

Guest OneTinSoldier

I just asked the guy(Pferrara) if he knew anything about the third party gauge error. This was his response...I use the panel and it works fine(in FS2004). there is a gauge (i think) that tries to access fsuipc and cant unless you have it registered, but I just hit OK and everything seems to be alright.Regards

The gauge issue could very well be linked to FSUIPC as I have not purchased the payware version yet. Hector's panel is a beautiful piece of work and that is what am using in FS2K2, but until I purchase FSUIPC, I am using Staffan's fine panel in FS9.Chris

Guest United

Granted, I am using a registered FSUIPC, but none the less I tested it with FFX DC10, works great!! Looks Great!........and I did not let it overwrite any similar named gauge re-created in FS2004 with the FS2002 version and still works great.Randy Jura, KPDX

Bill Grabowski posted a pick of his upcomming panel for the DC-10 a few weeks ago. One word - WOW!!!He doesn't know if he's going to release it as freeware ;) or payware :( .

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi Randy(United),Sounds wonderful. I'll have to get around to installing the FFX/SGA DC-10's in FS2004 soon! Thanks for letting me know and satisifying my curiousity. :)Chris(hightower),Understandable. :)Cheers

Guest United

Cheers as well!!Randy Jura, KPDX

I'd pay for it, seeing as the last payware DC-10 panel was total crap, and only one good one released since Staffan's over two years ago. But I hope he doesn't, since it seems every other freeware developer is going payware. This hobby is expensive enough as it is :(