Sign in to follow this  
ORN

Help! FS2004 Sound Problem

I just tried my first flight in FS2004! I loaded the Lear 45 and started the engines and everything sounded normal during startup. I switched views and all of a sudden my speakers gave out a squealing sound which I was unable to correct. I quit the sim and still had the squeal. I checked dxdiag and got an error message during the sound testing. I had to reboot the PC to recover, but had the same problem reappear when returning to the Lear. Any ideas on how to fix this? I am using, of course, the DX9.0a Direct X which loaded during the FS2004 install. I also have a Santa Cruz Turtle Beach sound card which has performed perfectly with all my software including FS2002 up to now!Thanks for any help!Airbus

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Bump

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

I have the same sound card.Same problem.I reduced the hardware acceleration (audio) to the first notch.Works fine now.

John

Guest champion

Different sound card, the same problem. Windows xp, Creative SB Live card, haven't found fix yet. It worked just fine with FS2002.

John,It worked!! I went into direct X using dxdiag and reduced the directsound acceleration to the basic acceleration notch and all appears OK now! Thanks so much for your help and taking the time to reply.Airbus

Al Kaupa

Guest abattoir

champion , i have also had trouble with the sound blaster live card and im running xp .and i found out it was the drivers , go to the creative site and download new driver ,i hope this will be the answer for you , martin

Before installing fs2004 I upgaded everything on my pc including directx, and the sound pithed up and down (on it