Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

2D panel fps very low, but VC just fine, can anyone give me a hint?

Guest White Hawk

Hi, I've mentioned this in a different thread, but what was suggested didn't work, that is to add the two lines about TextureAGP and PanelasTexture or whatever as off in the CFG file, in fact it dropped the fps down a couple instead, thanks to the peeps in question though.Driver's don't change it either, tried 3 different ones and just did a reinstall of XP, no help.The problem is that I get about 7-12 fps in the 2D panel, even when I switch to simple clouds, the clouds are not the problem, yet I get about 25fps in the exact same situation in the VC, yet my friend with a slower system gets 23fps in the same situation in the 2D panel compared to my 12.Something is very wrong with how FS2004 is drawing the 2D panel for me, and this after a fresh OS install with nothing running in the background that could do this, I have no issue like this in FS2002.Can anyone give any hints as to how to fix this, thank you.

Hi there,I too have not been to impressed with adding those two lines under the display device section specific to the video card, however one thing helped me out a lot.....Lou Betti mentioned in the dreamfleet forum that a little editing of the panel.cfg helps, and sure enough it did improve performance in 2-D quite a lot for me.If you open i.E. the C172 panel.cfg, look for the (Vcockpit) section and change the "pixel size" from 512,512 to 256,256. Now this will make your VC look rather crappy but if you want to use this panel with other 3rd party 172's or you just like flying in 2-D than this may be the solution. Here's how I changed the 172 panel.cfg:(VCockpit02) > brackets herefile=Cessna_172_Panel_Decals.bmpsize_mm=512,512pixel_size=256,256 //256,256 //was 512,512texture=$C172s_2background_color=0,0,0Hope this helps, I did this with all panels that I want to use with 3rd party add-ons in order to get beter 2-D performance.Cheers, don't forget to backup the original first ;-)Petehttp://members.aol.com/pzsoulman/myhomepage/logo.gifAthlonXP2000,AbitKX7-333(latest4in1),512MB/2700SDRAM,WinXP,DirectX8.1,Geforce3TI200(128MB)(Det.30.82),SBlive(WDM5.1.2601.0)

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Hi, I have the very same problem with all the Dreamfleet GA aircraft and I too tried the mentionned tips to no avail. My video card is a Geforce 3 either.Sorry, I know this doesn't help but you know you're not alone :-)Henri

I can say that with the aircraft that I had slow 2D pits with (Pilatus PC12, and all three Aero Commanders), putting those two lines absolutely cured my problems. I've got a geforce 4 ti 4200 running 44.35 detonators. I also have render to texture unchecked in the hardware options. Turning antialiasing completely off (FS and hardware) might help you guys. There were several other addons that have given me grief, and I haven't gotten around to trying them. Another problem I've encountered is seeing the plane (maybe VC) and 2D panel simultaneously while in 2D mode. Is there a fix for that one?Thanks,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest White Hawk

Mmmm, I don't think I explained too well, this is something more than just low performance in the panels, the difference between the fps in the 2D panel and the VC is too big to be anything but a major isssue somewhere, somehow.I forgot to say this is in the defualt panels, not third party complex stuff, so it's not what you are thinking, plus the fact if I switch to only simple clouds it only goes up to 12.5 from about 12fps even though I get 25 in the VC so as you can see something is stoping the 2D panel running at full speed, that should give you more idea to the fact this is something different than just me needing a faster CPU for complex panels.And I have no trouble like this in FS2002 or previous with 2D panels, and it means I can hardly use the 2D panels and I most certianly would like to.So, does anyone know how to fix this, maybe a vid card setting or CFG setting or anything?Thanks.

Guest JonP01

I'm clutching at straws here, because I don't have a copy of the sim yet. With your 2D panels, have to checked to see what size the outside view is? By that I mean that the view window might be able to be re-sized (made smaller), as was the case in previous versions of the sim. If you can re-size the outside view, you could try adjusting it so that it only just covers the panel rather than stretching all the way down to the bottom of the screen. Also, if there is still a "render_3D_window" parameter in the FS2004 panel.cfg file, I imagine you might have to make this value "0" before trying to resize the outside view.