Sign in to follow this  
darem

My cure for sound crackling

Maybe this can help you if you have the sound crackling issues with the Nvidia cards, it cured mine completely in every environment (standard scenery, photoscenery and high autogen situations like Orbx PNW) with no ill side effects. Be aware that you might need some tuning for your system, and I suspect that this fix only works on a quadcore.My system is a Q9550 standard speed, a 285GTX with 2GB RAM, 8GB RAM on Win 7 64 Ultimate. I am running a dual monitor setup with DualHead2Go in 3360x1050.Do the following changes to a clean fsx.cfg - which is set up for your monitor and autogen settings, though. Be aware that you should be on the conservative side with autogen, for me this would be very dense and dense, water at 2.x low or medium:[JOBSCHEDULER] AffinityMask=14 [bufferpools]Usepools=0[Display]TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0TextureMaxLoad=15[GRAPHICS]STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=1024HIGHMEMFIX=1[TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=10Everything else should be standard and unchanged.This gives me overall good fps, no stuttering really, and no problems with blurry textures. I can use this setting in all situations.Hope this works out for you as well :-). And please backup your fsx.cfg just in case this tweak isn't as universal as I hope ;-)