Sign in to follow this  
bojote

EZdok + TrackIR + Effects

I'm not much into 'Camera views' and stuff.. I simply fly. However, one thing I would love to have (while using TrackIR) is ground effects, such as shaking, buffeting, bumps etc etc.. But i'm not still sure if buying EZdok JUST for that makes sense.. also, I usually keep my desktop clean, all my add-ons run from my laptop (ASE, SB) so what I want to know is the opinion of those using TrackIR and the 'effects' EZDok offers. (I know version 1.5 supports TrackIR) my question is more about opinions/experience.Thanks!

I decided to buy EZdok last week because I (also) was curious how it would work with my TrackIR. I also don't care too much about views and so on and was mainly interested in the motion effects. One thing is clear: just as I don't want to fly without TrackIR anymore, I don't want to fly without EZdok anymore. It's hard to understand how much a little shaking of the plane changes the experience...! Even now I type this I think 'Is it really that nice?' but yes, it is! And it's not just the shaking on the ground which is nice, the effects while you fly (depending on the wind) are even nicer! It's so much more real now! I was quite surprised I liked it this much! When you are cruising (I only fly GA btw) and just looking around, the little movements of the plane make it so much more real and immersive. You really got to give it a try! They've got a good money back guarantee so there is nothing lost if you don't like it (which is almost impossible).I'd like to add that even though I bought EZdok mainly for the motion effects, I am VERY happy with the view options and I am using them all the time, which I also didn't expect (having a TrackIR)! It took me about half an hour to figure out how it worked (getting started can be a bit frustrating), but after that I easily added views for all the seats of my FA33 Bonanza, plus a zoomed in view for the VC GNS (never expected I would use views like that anymore). Switching (smoothly) between the various seats is cool! And you can change view with the mouse and keys (moving around the plane in any direction you want to) and TrackIR doesn't mind at all and keeps on working whatever you do. And after that you can go back to the initial view with a single click. It's absolutely awesome!!!In short: GET IT! :(P.S. It's a pity that switching between views is smooth but switching between views with different zoom levels isn't (the zoom is instant, the change of position is still smooth), but that's a minor thing. And you also have to disable TrueView for the TrackIR, so looking around may be a bit awkward if you are used to TrueView. But it doesn't matter much to me because TrueView is the reason why I constantly had to re-center the TrackIR view and I already got used to not using it. If you love TrueView though, it's something to take note off.

HelloBE aware there is no going back, I think it is the most innovative software product I have ever bought for flightsim.And seeing as you enjoy tweaking you are really going to enjoy this package, TrackIR and EZdok are inseparable in my mind now.

HelloBE aware there is no going back, I think it is the most innovative software product I have ever bought for flightsim.And seeing as you enjoy tweaking you are really going to enjoy this package, TrackIR and EZdok are inseparable in my mind now.
Thanks guys.. It seems I'll be going for it :)

I decided to buy EZdok last week because I (also) was curious how it would work with my TrackIR. I also don't care too much about views and so on and was mainly interested in the motion effects. One thing is clear: just as I don't want to fly without TrackIR anymore, I don't want to fly without EZdok anymore. It's hard to understand how much a little shaking of the plane changes the experience...! Even now I type this I think 'Is it really that nice?' but yes, it is! And it's not just the shaking on the ground which is nice, the effects while you fly (depending on the wind) are even nicer! It's so much more real now! I was quite surprised I liked it this much! When you are cruising (I only fly GA btw) and just looking around, the little movements of the plane make it so much more real and immersive. You really got to give it a try! They've got a good money back guarantee so there is nothing lost if you don't like it (which is almost impossible).I'd like to add that even though I bought EZdok mainly for the motion effects, I am VERY happy with the view options and I am using them all the time, which I also didn't expect (having a TrackIR)! It took me about half an hour to figure out how it worked (getting started can be a bit frustrating), but after that I easily added views for all the seats of my FA33 Bonanza, plus a zoomed in view for the VC GNS (never expected I would use views like that anymore). Switching (smoothly) between the various seats is cool! And you can change view with the mouse and keys (moving around the plane in any direction you want to) and TrackIR doesn't mind at all and keeps on working whatever you do. And after that you can go back to the initial view with a single click. It's absolutely awesome!!!In short: GET IT! :(P.S. It's a pity that switching between views is smooth but switching between views with different zoom levels isn't (the zoom is instant, the change of position is still smooth), but that's a minor thing. And you also have to disable TrueView for the TrackIR, so looking around may be a bit awkward if you are used to TrueView. But it doesn't matter much to me because TrueView is the reason why I constantly had to re-center the TrackIR view and I already got used to not using it. If you love TrueView though, it's something to take note off.
You took the words out of my mouth!I could not agree more!! The most innovative add on for flight simulator I have come across. It allows fantastic screen shot opportunities with it's camera facility and enhances the flight experience like no other product makes it feel like a simulator!Buy it.....you'll never uninstall it!Rich

Jeroen says it all for me, too, *******. The saying goes "As real as it gets" - right?So:-1). I only fly VC, and with the TrackIR, so if it doesn't have a 3D panel - I don't buy it. 2). Real aeroplanes bounce all over the place on take-of - right? With EZCA - your aircraft vibrates, bounces, jumps, jostles, pushes and pulls - and then - as the wheels clear the ground - smoooooth man!... with some gentle nudges, sways, drops, lifts; it gets very real. If you fly r/w aircraft you need this: if you get it - you won't fly without it. 3). I have no idea how to set up a "Camera view", either. I don't need it. 4). Buy it. Buy it now. You don't want your followers to think you're a dumb-&@($*, do you?? :( :( :(

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Buying it is not the problem for me but most of this stuff you have to be a computer engineer to confiquere it properly, and of course they never tell you that so right now unless they have a real good getting started tutorial on u-tube i can't be bothered, been caught too many times getting frustrated.

Which version of the TrackIR software do you need for EZdok? I have TrackIR 3, for which only the version 4 software is available. I understood you need version 5 software for EZdok, so I can't use it with my TrackIR3?Please correct me if I'm wrong...Cheers,Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Which version of the TrackIR software do you need for EZdok? I have TrackIR 3, for which only the version 4 software is available. I understood you need version 5 software for EZdok, so I can't use it with my TrackIR3?Please correct me if I'm wrong...Cheers,Noel.
Working fine here with TrackIR3 and version4 software.

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Buying it is not the problem for me but most of this stuff you have to be a computer engineer to confiquere it properly, and of course they never tell you that so right now unless they have a real good getting started tutorial on u-tube i can't be bothered, been caught too many times getting frustrated.
The default settings that are installed are fine. They will also apply to all addon aircraft you may have. I have tweaked it just a little but it's not even necessary to, in order to enjoy the "motion" effects.EZdok has pretty much killed my use of FS9. Aircraft in FS9 now feel like their flying on rails.

Alexander Alonso

Working fine here with TrackIR3 and version4 software.
Hey, that's great! I thought I was out of luck.Thanks.Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Do any of you use it with commercial airliners? How are the effects for bigger birds? I use trackir aswell and probably would not care about the camera views much, I just wondering about the effects on bigger planes ie pmdg md11 and 747

Do any of you use it with commercial airliners? How are the effects for bigger birds? I use trackir aswell and probably would not care about the camera views much, I just wondering about the effects on bigger planes ie pmdg md11 and 747
I use it with the LSH Maddog Pro, Ian, and have zero issues. It also has no effect on fps, and like you I couldn't care less about cameras, so it's a very basic install, as per Marni's video - tick this, un-tick that, update TIR and you're done.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I use it with the LSH Maddog Pro, Ian, and have zero issues. It also has no effect on fps, and like you I couldn't care less about cameras, so it's a very basic install, as per Marni's video - tick this, un-tick that, update TIR and you're done.
Thanks Paul, I think Im going to go for it.