Sign in to follow this  
PeterR

FS2004 ran fine until today...

Guest mandudeguy

i just dont get it...FS2004 ran fine for the last few days and today it wont get past the Splash screen....i have reinstalled...deleted the FS9.cfg and i dont know what else to do...and ideas?

Hi,You said you reinstalled FS9, but did you uninstall it first from the add/remove programs section of Control Panel?Howard

Guest mandudeguy

yes, and then i deleted all of the the folders. but now i just looked and it looks like a video card problem. in dxdiag, the display test dont work. so i dont know why the hell is just stoped working. i have not installed or uninstalled anything at all. i have a GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with drivers 45.20 beta

it could be a problem with your memory modules, this happened to me a while ago, and any DX graphics would not work. I think you can download software to test your memory, dont remember where though... Hope this helpsJohn

Guest mandudeguy

well i got the problem fixed. i updated my Via 4in1 drivers but i still dont understand why it worked a few days and then just went into PCI mode out of no where....very odd.ThanksMike

I've had that happen before where DX just stops working. Usually, I just have to reinstall DirectX and all is well again, until the next time it dies. I don't remember what version of DX starting doing that. Somewhere around 8.1.Peter http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/PeterR.gifBFU Forums ModeratorRenegade/Seawolf Design Group (RSDG)[table border=2 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1][tr][td][table border=0 cellpadding=8 cellspacing=0][tr][td bgcolor=#540000]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75t.gif[/td][td align="center" bgcolor=#FFFFF6]Bush Flying Unlimited"At home in the wild"Looking for adventure? Come join us! * [link:bfu.avsim.net|Web Site] * [link:www.cafepress.com/bfu,bfu2,bfu3,bfu4|BFU Store] * [link:bfu.avsim.net/join.htm]Join!][/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table