Sign in to follow this  
Guest freequest

Signatures

Hi all!Just fancied a change from FS2K4, so.........My question is, why do people have the following type of signatures, eg:System specs:AXP 2400+ @ 2.195GHz (15x146MHz), MSI KT3 Ultra 2 v.7.00t BIOS Via 4.46's active cooling on NB chip, Chaintech GF4 Ti 4200 128MB @ 265/555 w/TT copper GPU cooler & aluminum ramsinks w/31.00 Dets, WD 20GB ATA100 7200RPM HD (NTFS), Hercules Fortissimo III PCI sound v.6.xx software/drivers, Realtek 8139A PCI NIC, Ambit cable modem, Win2k Pro w/SP3, DX9, IE6 w/SP1, FS2k2 Pro (all sliders maxed &/or checked except shadows w/terrain mesh @ 87%, max. vis. unlimited, & cloud thickness @ 70%) running 1024x768x32@85Hz w/Quincunx AA & 4x AF & LOD @ -1.0 w/frames capped @ 30Does anyone actually read these? Does anyone really care? A 'copper GPU cooler & aluminium ramsinks'!!!!! But does it increase the length of your penis?Sorry, I'm the first to admit that mine is just as stupid as anyone elses, but the one above had me in tears of laughter. No offence intended at all to anyone.I'm thinking of changing my signature to:A computer. With stuff inside. Lots of wires and cables. Things to make it work. Toy dragon and sheep on top of monitor (I was born in Holyhead, North Wales)Have a nice day everyone!Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Gordius

Not quite with you on that one. Can't say I'veevr seen any such sig's.GordiusZX81 with 16MB RAM14 inch B/W TV with rooftop aerialMickeyMouse Pro Joystick0.005 frames per second using FS2All sliders to the max

Guest Skedflyer

I've seen them.... I really don't care for it at all, Unless it's a technical queston i see no reason to post it, but i would never be the one to tell ppl what to put on there sig, I just ignore them..

I think that most of us started putting that stuff in there when we had posts like "I'm getting 50 fps on my new computer" and everyone had to post "What are your specs?". I certainly don't have mine to impress anyone. It's simply to show your configuration when you're talking about how the sim works on your PC.And, I certainly hope that no one begins to post the length of certain body parts. :-erks

GuysSure! I was just being a little silly, as I said, fancied a change from all the FS2K4 posts. No offence intended to anyone.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Hey gavin, I thought it was funny!! LOL I aften laugh at the ones like yo pointed out also. Guess you have to have something to brag about! LOLRegards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Brent Hebert

To me it's a waste, because I have to scrool down the page for several seconds, eating up AVSIM bandwidth to get to the next reply.A brief description would suffice.P4 1.8, 768M SDRAMGeforce 2 Ultra 64MBWin XP(Additional info available upon request)Brent Hebert

Guest freequest

ROFL well I only look at sigs like that to compare how good there system is to mine and beleave me my system is scraping the bottom of the chum bucket :)i almost need a handle on my vid card to get more Mhz out of it :)