Sign in to follow this  
The Moose

FFB on wrong controller

Got a bit of a problem with FFB. I have both my FFB joystick and my DFGT wheel plugged in when flying, as i use the DFGT pedals for my rudder. Everything to do with my wheel is unassigned except for the pedal axis. The problem is the FFB is being sent to my wheel rather than my joystick :( Anyone have any idea how i can fix this?

If you go to your Game controller settings in windows and have a look at the advanced tab, what is the preferred device set to?Tell us what OS you are running and what brand joystick you are using so that we can give you more specific information.

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Hi, I set the preferred device to the Joystick but it made no difference.The stick is a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force and the O/S is Win 7 Ultimate (64)Even with all axis unassigned on the wheel in the settings it's still moving and no FFB is going to the Joystick. I used to have a non FFB Evo set up exactly the same way with no issues so it's definitely the FFB that's the only difference now.

Thanks for the information,I think that the DFGT is seen as the preferred force feedback device. We are looking for a way to get your joystick as the preferred force feedback device. At this time I can only share my thoughts as I have no access to my fsx.cfg to see whether a device id is added. It might be worth a try to see if your fsx.cfg has a device id, or maybe two (one for each controller) in the controller section. If so, maybe swap the two around.

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Doing a quick search on google I came a across the following posting at http://www.fs-force.com/ in the thread http://www.fs-force.com/help2/getting_started.htm

Multiple JoysticksIf you have multiple force feedback joysticks connected to your system you can specify which one you would like FS Force to control. Simply add an entry to the [General] section of FSForce.cfg similar to the following : [General]Controller=Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Note : the joystick name entered must be an exact match of what appears in Control Panel / Game Controllers.
Now they do have a demo that works in the Seattle area which you might want to try as it will allow you to set your force device. I used to use this when I still had a force feedback joystick about 8 years ago. It actually does give you better force feedback as well. You can get the demo here: http://www.fs-force.com/download.htmHere's a thread with someone who had a similar problem as you have encountered: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topi...dback_woes.html

Regards,

Gerhard

Cheers for the info. I'll try out that FS Force demo and see if that solves it. Thanks for your help.

Glad to help, please let us know if it works..

Regards,

Gerhard