Sign in to follow this  
Lukemeister

Wilco Airbus A319

Hi guys,I've recently been flying the Wilco Airbus and have noticed a little niggle.As I approach the ILS, the horizontal diamond comes to the centre. I then click 'LOC' and everything goes to plan. However, when I enter the glideslope and the vertical diamond comes to the centre, the plane does not descend and carries on regardless. Have I missed something here?ThanksPS: Would FS2Crew be worth buying for the Airbus as I love to fly it, although not wholly accurately)

LOC is just thatLOCalizerHit the APPRoach buttonLocalizer =/= ILS, the Localizer is half the equation. Glideslope is the other half. The approach button, arms both the Localizer capture, and the glideslope capture.hope this clears it up :)Best,Ryan.

Hi guys,I've recently been flying the Wilco Airbus and have noticed a little niggle.As I approach the ILS, the horizontal diamond comes to the centre. I then click 'LOC' and everything goes to plan. However, when I enter the glideslope and the vertical diamond comes to the centre, the plane does not descend and carries on regardless. Have I missed something here?ThanksPS: Would FS2Crew be worth buying for the Airbus as I love to fly it, although not wholly accurately)

So the procedure should go as follows?1) Wait for horizontal diamond to centre itself2) Hit APP3) Let the plane do its job as it automatically takes the glideslope.

if you're listening to ATC, they might say something like.....Fly heading 130 descend and maintain 3000 cleared ILS 16L approach3 stepsdial in heading 130dial in 3000 feet and pull the knob for open descentpress the APPR buttonThe airplane will fly heading 130 and maintain 3000 feet until it approaches the localizer, at which time it will automatically switch from HDG to LOC mode (Pressing the APPR button only arms the function, it does not activate it, like pushing/pulling knobs does). Once the glideslope reaches center it will descend via the glideslope.Generally, Just push the APPR button before you turn final for an ILS approach. :)

So the procedure should go as follows?1) Wait for horizontal diamond to centre itself2) Hit APP3) Let the plane do its job as it automatically takes the glideslope.

PS: Would FS2Crew be worth buying for the Airbus as I love to fly it, although not wholly accurately)
Yep, I have it and love it. It adds a lot to the atmosphere and the copilot will perform his duties (if you let him). It isn't too hard to master and once you'll make a few flights with it, it will become second nature to you. Whenever I fly something else after I have flown the bus for a while I routinely forget to switch off the landing lights at 10k feet because FS2Crew's copilot will do that for you. :( Just to add.... FS2Crew Airbus Special Edition will work with both, Vol.1 and Vol.2 Airbuses, so you get a lot...Regards,Jure

Ryan, just going by memory here at the moment but do you not also need to activate the other AP? It is something that came to my mind when I read this thread.

\Robert Hamlich/

Only for a Category 3 Landing

Ryan, just going by memory here at the moment but do you not also need to activate the other AP? It is something that came to my mind when I read this thread.