Sign in to follow this  
edetroit

My Pushback gauge and FS9 ......

It has come to my attention that the sounds for my pushback & taxispeed gauges do not work properly in FS9.The other functionality seems to work OK.These gauges use the gauge robsound.gau, that was designed by the late Bill Morad, and does appear to be incompatible with FS9 (and even may cause crashes).Unfortunately Bill died last year, so unless someone creates another freeware solution to play sounds initiated from XML gauges, you'll have to do without the sounds.And remove the line:gaugexx = robsound!.....from the panel.cfg file.See also: http://home.planet.nl/~rcbarend/extern/fs9.htmRegards, Rob

>Unfortunately Bill died last year, so unless someone creates>another freeware solution to play sounds initiated from XML>gauges, you'll have to do without the sounds.Creating a gauge to replace it is a trivial matter, Rob. What is not trivial is determining some obscure set of k_events that aren't typically used! BillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hi,Apparently the VMAX Ready For Pushback 747 update for FS9(FS9_COF_Patch.exe) removed the line. Just an FYI.Jimmy RichardsOne Tin Soldier

"Creating a gauge to replace it is a trivial matter, Rob. What is not trivial is determining some obscure set of k_events that aren't typically used!"Are you voluteering, Bill ? :-) :-)Unfortunately I can't make gauges in C myself, just XML.By the way, the 4 AFterburner and 8 Magneto events did just fine (at least for normal jet aircraft), or have they these changed in FS9 ?Cheers, Rob

Jim,I assume this package does not use my (and Bill's) gauges (since it's payware), but has its own mplementation.So they made another patch :-)Rob

I do hope someone comes up with a solution Rob, your gauge was was very well received for FS2k2, thank you.Someone did post that you could use the old FPDA sound files but I guess that is not the problem, it looks as if the problem is initiating the sounds not the actual sound files themselves.Rgds

" ....looks as if the problem is initiating the sounds not the actual sound files themselves."That's correct.But as Bill suggested in a previous reply, we probably have to wait untill there's more info on what variables to use.And if somebody does decide to make a replacement for Bill Morad's sound gauge, I'll be happy to make an adjustment to my pushback gauge (if needed). Rob

>With about 4 Emails per day about this subject, a BUMP is>justified :-) >>RobThat's what you get for being popular and making a good pb gauge Rob :-)

>" ....looks as if the problem is initiating the sounds not>the actual sound files themselves.">>That's correct.>But as Bill suggested in a previous reply, we probably have to>wait untill there's more info on what variables to use.>As indicated by these, there is no problem programming a gauge to initiate sounds in XML providing we can agree on a variable to pass the "message" from the XML gauge to the C gauge which will be used to switch the sounds on and off. In FS2002 and earlier we had lots of unused engine/prop variables which could be used. However as I indicated in topic #11628 in July FS9 zeroes all these variables. I have been able to able to use an unused ADF (frequency setting) to provide the "messenger" between XML and C gauges and will shortly be setting up another one using Comm2 frequencies in a similar manner for an aircraft which has only one Comm radio.At the moment it appears that such opportunistic use of unused valid variables for a particular aircraft are the only way to solve this problem. This is likely to mean a whole series of different sound control gauges.Trevor

Guest VBX147

Is it anyone who has got this to work with the sound

Yes, it could be ...But in a few weeks I'll release new version of the pushback/taxispeed gauges (based on another implementation, included with the gauges).Which will work for both FS2002 and FS9.Rob