Sign in to follow this  
Guest rangepig

Shader mod 3.0 - what's with the text in my splash screen?

Guest rangepig

Tonight I loaded the shader mod that ******* contributed to the file library. Now when I start FSX I get a message on my FSX window at startup, something like:EABVersion 0.075 GTA: San Andreasboris.voronitsov.narod.ruand then a message about if I'm having low performance read the docs and configure it myself.What's going on with this? I didn't expect this mod to write crap on my FSX startup screen. It makes it look like some Russian virus...And was this shader hacked/stolen from Grand Theft Auto?? Is it redistributable legally?I appreciate all the hard work ******* has put into figuring out all of the tweaks for FSX, but this just seems weird, especially since there's no mention of this text coming up inside FSX in the readme.txt that comes with the mod.--Jim

Tonight I loaded the shader mod that ******* contributed to the file library. Now when I start FSX I get a message on my FSX window at startup, something like:EABVersion 0.075 GTA: San Andreasboris.voronitsov.narod.ruand then a message about if I'm having low performance read the docs and configure it myself.What's going on with this? I didn't expect this mod to write crap on my FSX startup screen. It makes it look like some Russian virus...And was this shader hacked/stolen from Grand Theft Auto?? Is it redistributable legally?I appreciate all the hard work ******* has put into figuring out all of the tweaks for FSX, but this just seems weird, especially since there's no mention of this text coming up inside FSX in the readme.txt that comes with the mod.--Jim
What you did was install the OPTIONAL ENB series mod (GTA IV version), which is a freeware light bloom modification. It gives you light bloom effects that are much more customizable than the default FSX light bloom, and this mod has little to no performance impact for most users. If you don't want it or like it, just delete the two additional files that you installed that don't have "shaders" in the file name.EDIT: I installed it and love it. Do an internet search on FSX ENB series for more info.

Guest rangepig

Ahhh, OK. It would be nice to have a warning that it will put up that text. Things do look pretty good with it though, except I don't like the weird bloom ("fade in from white") I get in the aircraft screen when returning to the main menu.--Jim

A bit harsh in my opinion.When we tweak and try new stuff we always take a bit of a risk for that what we try might not work on our particular systems. If we do not want our boats rocked, we should refrain from trying new stuff. If unsure, why not take the time to do a google search on the enbseries mod? That would have given you all the info you needed.

Regards,

Gerhard

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things" (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

What's going on with this? I didn't expect this mod to write crap on my FSX startup screen. It makes it look like some Russian virus...And was this shader hacked/stolen from Grand Theft Auto?? Is it redistributable legally?
Hi Jim,You are registered for almost 6 years here and your first (?...) post looks rather agressive, huh?There is no hacked/stolen files in the library nor virus from Russia or from Zimbabwe.But there is another way to ask questions, more friendly and more suitable to this forum.Thx!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.