Sign in to follow this  
Turbine777

Livery Contest - Please Vote

Livery Contest  

204 members have voted

1. 1. Which Livery below do you think is the best?

• Austrian Arrows
    • Black Pearl
    • Lufthansa
    • United Airlines

Hi Peops, Please take a minute to share your insights and opinions on which livery you think is the best. I have heard from most of the judges but also want 50% of the decision to come from the community. Due to the amount of entries, I have decided to leave them all in the poll rather than the original idea of using the judges decisions to eliminate and narrow the choices down to 3 finalists. I have gone through them all, and in some cases the pictures don't do them justice. I personally recommend downloading them and checking them out individually for a more thorough and involved decision.Thanks to all that entered and thanks for helping choose the potential winners.(In Alphabetical order)Austrian ArrowsDownload Here.aa.jpgBlack PearlDownload Here.bp.jpgLufthansaDownload Here.lh.jpgUnited AirlinesDownload Here.ua.jpgGood luck everyone!The winners will be posted around this time next week (24 May 2010).To read more about each entry, please see the original post here.

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I am going to be an honest man and not vote for anyone's including myself. I'd have to say, I think my united airlines paint is the weakest of the bunch but I gave it an attempt.

The Lufthansa Cargo one looks sexy! There goes my vote

The Austrian Arrow got my vote :). All the painters did a good job though.

In terms of originality Austrian and Black Pearl are top, although the Lufthansa livery also has a good explanation of old-modern merge.In terms of colours (based of course on my own personal taste) I'd go for the Pearl, which although not perfect (nothing is perfect anyway) looks more balanced in my eyes. The Austrian tail (although I love that specific painting) seems a bit out of place, at least compared to the red on the rest of the plane. I'd personally prefer the entire plane to be covered with the painting (or various painting of the same artist); of course this wouldn't be close to Austrian Airlines but there are many cases of airlines that make crazy things on their planes.Based on the above I give my vote to the pearl, for the original idea, the nice colours and the difficult -for a novice- graphics, flames, font etc. I think it's a very nice and complete job!Good luck to everyone and congratulations for your efforts! Well done guys.

Hi, thats going to be a close call :) I personally downloaded and installed all participating liverys. Dan is completly right, that the pictures don't reflect the actual look in FSX. So far, they're all great and there is a lot of effort in every livery. Props to everyone turned in something. Everybody started painting and Dan made an awesome tutorial. Painting can be as funny as flying them. I personally voted for the Lufthansa 747F. I like retro style Planes and thats a great approach to it. Have a nice *insert time* (evening in my case)

Not gonna vote because as you might know, I got the job of being one of the judges, but Taylor (aka thefsxflyer), don't underestimate yourself, or your entry. The point of Dan actually arranging the contest, which was very generous of him by the way, was to encourage people to have a go at doing a repaint, and whilst flashy paint jobs are of course impressive, a simple paint job still requires effort and thought, and is just as worthy of consideration as a more flamboyant one.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hahah, had to check in and noticed that I am getting smoked! Oh well, I gave it an attempt.

Taylor, yours is an awesome livery too. I love those oldies, and it's in my hangar for good. Thanks man

Well the time is up on the poll, but the winners cannot yet be announced as I am still waiting to hear from two judges. I hope to post the final results in the next day or two.First of all I think all of the entries are top notch and am happy to see so many people voted and took part in the contest, that's really what it's all about anyway I think. I was surprised at the small amount of contestants, but do know if there was another contest many others would now be ready and more willing to try their skills. Personally I applaud all 4 contestants and wish I could hand out 1st place to each of you but that I could not afford :(Keep in mind that this poll was for 50% of the final decision as stated above. Anything is still very possible with the end result. Originally I was expecting many more entries and the judges were then going to narrow it down to 3 finalists to then be voted on by the community. Due to the way it turned out and after discussing it with a couple of the judges thought it best to handle like this. I will say that there is more going on behind the scenes with the judges that most people are aware of and I want to thank them all for their constant feedback from the start of this contest, keeping it both fun and fair for all.I value so many peoples opinions in this forum it was hard to pick the judges but due to the attention to detail that so many people here have, the end result, input and thoroughness was as expected and very professional and they all gave a great deal of time looking them over much more then just the pictures above.To break things down to what has happened up to this point, I will recap on some things while people await to see the winners.* The public voted for 50% of the vote, while the judges will vote for the remaining 50%.* There are 5 judges listing their top choices in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th fashion with their thoughts on what makes one stand out more than the other.* Finally I will re-point out that all entries had to follow the rules of the contest to be considered. * Also verified that all properly submitted to Avsim. The read me of their submissions, thumbnail etc, etc... How did they do? Well, you did check the content before you voted,,, didn't you :(I will post the winners as soon as we can tally up all of the results! Stay Tuned!*Note*I thought there was a way to stop this poll in "My Controls" but I can't seem to find anything. So to be fair, the end of the poll results at the time of this post (and the deadline stated above) is as follows:poll.gif

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

Hi Dan,Any more news from the judges on this????Hopefully, we're not in a "hanging chad" scenario?????? :( Cheers,

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Hi Dan,Any more news from the judges on this????Hopefully, we're not in a "hanging chad" scenario?????? :( Cheers,
Not a word yet... I hate to pick two more judges this late in the game and hope to hear from them soon.I do know that I have had issues with not getting the pop up for when I have messages, so if you have been asked to be a judge, please check your PM's.If I don't hear from them by Friday I will have to replace them.

Dan Prunier