Sign in to follow this  
Guest bradley

FS2004 crashes straight away..

Guest petepawn

A little bit of history first. I got my copy of COF some 7 days ago. I tested it with my system (XP1700+, 512Mb, Radeon 7000...) and was satisfied with a night flight in clear weather. The next day it was a bit cloudy day here and I chose to fly again this time with the realweather. FPS's were 3-5 and depressing.. I understand this was due to my graphic card. Yesterday I decided to throw away more money and acquired a Connect3D Radeon 9600 with 128mb... Well... I couldn't make it work at all before I today updated my BIOS. Then I tested my new card with FS2002 with nice results. I could see more around me with still good FPS. I even installed brand new drivers and gave FS2004 a go. My machine froze at once after having loaded the cockpit.I lowered all the details/settings and tried again. Same result. I got the panel but the world around me was a mess and my computer crashed. Then I installed FS2004 again (as I thought that maybe my new graph card would like it..). A crash again exactly in the same situation...I remember having read somewhere that running a windowed mode could help.. How is it done?Any help would be appreciated.. Even if I enjoy flying on-line with 2002, the new COF would also be nice for the future..Thanks in advancePetteri Pulkkinen

Hi,I myself have had lots of crashes and lockups with this program. The only thing I can tell you is delete the fs9.cfg file and let the program build you a new one. To get to windowed mode, when fs9 is up and running hit the "alt and enter" keys at the same time.Ed

Guest bradley

To run in windowed mode just press ALT and ENTER to jump between the two.