Sign in to follow this  
Guest Funkyjazz

FS9 - Windows 7 64 Bit HP - Black menu screens

Guest Funkyjazz

Hi, Finaly i've bought Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium as the replacement of my beloved Windows XP SP3. All installations are done with my admin account. I turned off UAC. I installed FS9 in a custom directory (other than "program Files"). I updated FS9 to 9.1. Next i installed the PMDG 737-600/700 and fired it up. Im very impressed about the frames, just as good as in XP. There is 1 problem i just cant remedy. As soon as i hit the <ALT> key for the taskbar menu, the screen goes black and shows the mainscreen of FS9. As soon as i click on <PMDG / OPTIONS> the mainscreen disappears and the screen goes black completely. I can see the mouse pointer but thats all. Next to that i hit <ALT-TAB> and FS9 minimizes to the windows 7 taskbar. But a split second(!) i can see the option menu in the background. As soon as i maximize the screen again i see the option menu for a split second and the screen goes black again. Then i hit the <ESC> key, again the split second and the screen goes back to the starting postition of my aircraft. Ive googled a lot and i find people with the same problem. But i havent found a good sollution fot this problem. Ive tried all options within the FS9.exe properties window. Ive reinstalled FS9 without the Compability mode = nada. The strange thing is, im able to reach the standard FS9 menu items like views or weather ect. As soon as i want to go to the FSUIPc or PMDG or other third party menu items the black screen reapears. Hopefully somebody has a sollution fot this. Im into Windows 7 now and i dont wanna use XP anymore. Windows 7 is so much faster when i comes to starting up FS9. Edit post: By the way, ive also installed Fsnavigator and strange enough it works while it is a 16 bit app. Can that be the problem?UPDATE: Ive deinstalled FS9 completely. I reinstalled FS9 only with the FS9 update. Ive copied the FSUIPC to the modules folder. I started up FS9, went to the FSUIPC menu and the same thing happens as written above. Other than FSUIPC im able to reach all FS9 default menu items. For all of you: im only using legit(!) software! Is this a X64 problem or does this also occur with X32 windows 7? Somebody...*help*...

Guest Funkyjazz
Hi, Finaly i've bought Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium as the replacement of my beloved Windows XP SP3. All installations are done with my admin account. I turned off UAC. I installed FS9 in a custom directory (other than "program Files"). I updated FS9 to 9.1. Next i installed the PMDG 737-600/700 and fired it up. Im very impressed about the frames, just as good as in XP. There is 1 problem i just cant remedy. As soon as i hit the <ALT> key for the taskbar menu, the screen goes black and shows the mainscreen of FS9. As soon as i click on <PMDG / OPTIONS> the mainscreen disappears and the screen goes black completely. I can see the mouse pointer but thats all. Next to that i hit <ALT-TAB> and FS9 minimizes to the windows 7 taskbar. But a split second(!) i can see the option menu in the background. As soon as i maximize the screen again i see the option menu for a split second and the screen goes black again. Then i hit the <ESC> key, again the split second and the screen goes back to the starting postition of my aircraft. Ive googled a lot and i find people with the same problem. But i havent found a good sollution fot this problem. Ive tried all options within the FS9.exe properties window. Ive reinstalled FS9 without the Compability mode = nada. The strange thing is, im able to reach the standard FS9 menu items like views or weather ect. As soon as i want to go to the FSUIPc or PMDG or other third party menu items the black screen reapears. Hopefully somebody has a sollution fot this. Im into Windows 7 now and i dont wanna use XP anymore. Windows 7 is so much faster when i comes to starting up FS9. Edit post: By the way, ive also installed Fsnavigator and strange enough it works while it is a 16 bit app. Can that be the problem?UPDATE: Ive deinstalled FS9 completely. I reinstalled FS9 only with the FS9 update. Ive copied the FSUIPC to the modules folder. I started up FS9, went to the FSUIPC menu and the same thing happens as written above. Other than FSUIPC im able to reach all FS9 default menu items. For all of you: im only using legit(!) software! Is this a X64 problem or does this also occur with X32 windows 7? Somebody...*help*...
Ive got a workaround from flightsim.com. : somehow ive got to change from full view to windowed view. Then its possible to make changes in third party menu items. Once changed, back to full screen and eveythingis okay! Stupid i didnt come up with this myself....working 15 years with PC's and flying for 10 years. Prob. im getting old. 'So lock this one up! Thanks anyways!

Un-install FSNavigator and PMDG 737-600/700 and see if the problem goes away.Then re-install each testing between installs to see which on is the culprit.Also try another FSUIPC release.