Sign in to follow this  
gosta

AI Traffic at LAX

I've had FS2004 for a couple days now and am I must say Microsoft has done an outstanding job. One of the biggest improvements, IMHO, has been in AI behavior. Last night I copied my very large and comprehensive traffic.bgl from FS2002 into FS2004. I then went to KLAX and observed the results.Almost immediately, I noticed about 10 active aircraft. As they pushed back and taxied I was amazed to see that each one proceeded to the nearest runway. At LAX, this meant that the two south runways and one north runway were available for takeoff. Cool stuff! :)Another cool thing was that landing traffic was assigned to the outer runway on each set of parallel runways. It was neat to see an AA B752 and a UAL B777 touchdown almost simultaneously. Also noticeable was that all landing traffic popped up at the correct altitude - i.e., there was none of the landing traffic fly-overs due to excessive altitude as found in FS2002.I've been so busy checking out the improved AI and eye candy, I have yet to complete a full blown flight. I'm really looking forward to spending lots of time with this new sim. :)See ya,Matt Zagoren

The parallel approaches are amazing! The ATC will also warn both planes that the other is on parallel. :)

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest JohnN

Hey Matt,Where did this "very large and comprehensive traffic.bgl" come from. I know you said FS2002, but was the file created by another program (add-on) or was 2002's traffic .bgl larger, or what? I've never seen so much traffic as you desctibe, ever.Thanx, John

Guest JohnN

He Matt,Where did this 'very large and comprehensive traffic.bgl" come from? I know you said 2002, but was that version's .bgl file larger than 2004's or was it from an Add-on, or what. I've never seen that much traffic, ever.Thanx, John