Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

FSFactory Closed

All I am going to say is I hope you are all happy with yourselves FSFactory has closed down.We have now all lost.We are all entitled to an opinion about the issues involved, and yes I was one who got the email, but the fanatical over reaction in this site was a poor reflection on the community as a whole.If Carmine did wrong, which he has publicly apologised for, it did not warrant losing his dream of his own site.I do not know if Carmine will read this, if you do then as I said in my email I am very sorry for you.

Hi Phil,Thanks for the info.. yes I am extremely happy about this. I dislike insincerity, vulgar langauge and dishonesty.There is no place in aviation for AVSIM bashing, AVSIM staff bashing by staff name and most certaninly the use of EXTREME vulgar language used in FSFActory forums by FSFactory staff and moderators against other simmers and users and organizations. And encouraging others to do so... This, after the apology of grabbing folks e-mails from AVSIM was made???Perhaps he can start over using correct ettiquette overall and certainly correct ettiqutte in his forums next time as well as overseeing better staff and forum moderators.Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.com

He had started making efforts to clean up the language, and had removed the Avsim bashing.But we split hairs I have now wish to stir up trouble, I am just sad that some people are not allowed to have an opinion.

Hi Phil,Folks can have an opinon, he did, and so did I, but he just didnt express it correctly. I am betting that it was me alone that contributed to the site closing down, (not AVSIM).So if folks want to place blame, feel free to direct the blame at me....it wont change anything, nor will it change my opinions.Regards.. TrevVisit "The DC-3 Hangar"http://www.douglasdc3.com

I just think its a shame, the more web sites about FS the better!I respect your and everybodys opinion.life would be boring if we all the same!

Guest mikehaska

You reap what you sow.

Let he who is without sin.....

Trev, sir, with all due respect, let's not make the language issue blown out of proportion.His beliefs differ from yours, he may feel that it is acceptable to use that type of language. If you feel it isn't acceptable, then just don't visit his site. I don't think at all he deserved what he got because of the language he used.FSFactory did not deserve to close just because some people on their forums used colorful language. It's a sad day when ANY major FS site closes down.We shouldn't curse him or do whatever just because of people on his forums or his differing beliefs. (the language issue)

With all due respect for everybody's opinions... I feel enough has been written and said on the subject.A decision has been made, agree with it or not, and there is no use in extending the subject into yet another discussion.Carmine has had direct contact with the AVSIM Board and AVSIM readers. We have all had the chance to say our say.Lets get back to flight simming and take these discussions to another forum somewhere in the universe. I am sure there are enough of them to be found nowadays.Francois________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog