Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fortress

Wilco or PSS A320?

Guest Fortress

I honestly wouldn't like to comment Matti - I really don't know the answer. Perhaps someone else could jump in with an answer?Cheers,Paulhttp://www.strontiumdog.plus.com/sbird.jpgOfficially licenced by British Airways plc for use of name and logo[p]AMD XP2800+ Barton, Gigabyte GA-7NNXP nForce2, 1Gig Crucial PC3200 DDR 400MHz, Gainward 128 MB GF4-4200, SB Audigy, 3 x WD Caviar SE[/p]

Guest BAW463

Yes everybody! Feel free to jump into our pool of debate! :-)cya!Matti

The Wilco is not worth paying for, hard on frames, no 2d cockpit and no customer support! Get the PSS.

I too would lean heavily towards the PSS edition.The only reason I would go with the Wilco edition is for all the extra systems it simulates, but as others have already pointed out, I don't need the air conditioning system simulated unless I had a fan, connected to the computer, to blow on me. I am an owner of the PSS, and I highly recommend it as a great simulated version of the Airbus. It has enough complexity in it's basic systems and FMC to be worth the time to learn, however not too much as to put you off. It's the perfect balance between simplicity and complexity. Add to that a clean and conventional 2D cockpit, which Wilco lacks, and you have a winning package. That, and the performance is good. No problems. There WERE problems, but they patched them up shortly after the release. Add to that the extra bonus of getting the A319, A320, AND A321 in one package - I think the Wilco is only the A320. Good luck with your decision, if you haven't made it yet. :) -Greg

Hi, I have the A320 PIC which I do not recommend.The plane handles like a #### and bounces on landing.There is no 2D only a virtual panel so expect hand acrobatics as you try to switch between each window view . The aircraft systems are the only plus and do function eg FMC. I doubt if changing weights or values in it have any effect on the aircraft performance.The autopilot engages smoothly however unlike many other planes. I guess if you like a challenge try but its just not realistic to fly. I got it cheap on e bay. Regards, Atkin

Man, a 5yo fs9 post about a defunct group and a long-dead product resurrected in the now-fsx forum. Fs9 really just don't quit do it? :-lolregards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

>What do you guys think in general is better: the Wilco A320>or the PSS A320? I read both reviews here on AVSIM and the>PSS seems better overall but I thought I'd get live feedback>from you.>Opinions, critisism, jokes, philosophy all welcome!>cya!>Matti>>edit: I'm asking because I've got money to burn (for once) and>I don't know which one to buy...>MattiPSS A320 for FS9. I don't think there is an FSX version yet.I want it now! lol