I have a situation in ASE which has longed bugged me. Flying the LDS 767 today from Atlanta to Boston weather was overcast in Atlanta, but cleared up in ASE map view and with the NWS satellite view. While I was at 37,000 feet I got this haze in all directions around the aircraft. I have noticed that on ALL my flights with ASE I get this haze never really clear view of the ground until I descend below 10,000 feet.I run ASE with FSX sp2 on a Vista platform. My ASE is set options are set to- Force High Priority OFF- 4 Cloud Layers- Prevent Cloud Redraw OFF- Fog Layer Generation OFF- Disable Haze Layer OFF (is this possible culprit????????)- Enable Visibility Gradation and Smoothing ON- Maximum Visibility 88 Miles-DWC Enabled- FSUIPC Wind Smoothing ON (must be to prevent S-Turns LDS767)- Snapshot ActivatedTake a look at attached screen shot at 37K feetAny recommendations in option settings appreciatedBob JohnsonKDTW

Hi,Yes, please try with Disable Haze Layer checked On. Best to re-start ASE and FS after this.

Hi,Yes, please try with Disable Haze Layer checked On. Best to re-start ASE and FS after this.
Jim, will give you an update tomorrow when I fly from Boston to DetroitBob

Jim, will give you an update tomorrow when I fly from Boston to DetroitBob
Jim, I am very please to say that un-checking "Disable Haze" in ASE did in fact do away with the constant haze in FSX. :( As you know there were some pretty strong storms in Detroit this morning and the flight from Boston here to Detroit was rendered almost perfect.Having said that, I am still concerned about one additional topic that has been mentioned about ASE, the weather update causes a lot of stutters and then goes away when the green banner appears. This did happen as much in ASA or ASX. What can be done about about this issue. :( ThanksBobDTW

Hi,Nice!It's not the updateing of the weather, but the text message being shown in FS that is causing the stutters. Disable the Show In Sim Text Messages and this issue should stop. One other thing, if you have a multi core system and FS and ASE are on that machine, try running ASE on one of the upper cores only.

Guest nemo06

Bob and Jim,you have written two opposite things.Disable haze layer, better checked or un-checked?

Bob and Jim,you have written two opposite things.Disable haze layer, better checked or un-checked?
Sorry about the confusion. :( In ASE options check "Disable Haze Layer" That will turn OFF the extra haze in FSX which I hate. :(