Sign in to follow this  
bfs_david

Route discontinuity everytime, why?

Hi, new member please so easy :)After takeoff I do everything normal and select autopilot on at 3,000 and select VNAV and LNAV to go, everything goes ok, and smooth flight, decent etc. Coming up to TOD i always select arrival runway in ARR/DEP in the FMC but everytime i select the ILS, eg at BFS/EGAA I select ILS25 and then hit EXEC. But it always goes into route discontinuity everytime? please help.Regards,David Thompson

Compare your LEGS screen with the charts.The route selected for an ILS will start at the FAF unless you select a transition, which then extends the route to the IAF. Not all STARS end at either a IAF or FAF, sometimes you have to either pretend you are getting ATC vectors or connect the STAR to the IAP.Let me know if you need help with the acronyms.

Dan Downs KCRP

Or make things much simple for yourself if you are not use to the FMC. Delete the discontinuity and everything should all join up ;)