Sign in to follow this  
nobleord

yRoute for FS2004

People!I have been asked by Simon Haynes (of yRoute fame!) to inform everybody that he is dedicating this evening to developing yRoute to work with FS2004 & TTools v201 by Lee Swordby.(Simon hasn't got an AVSIM account at the moment hence this message)Traveller.

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

We decomplied the FS9 traffic last night using Lee's wonderful work AND the excellent tutorial at the Jet Doctor's home and we now have the students at C15 flying TG about 23 hours a day in Cessna N123TG and Cessna N321TG! i let it run all night w/o problem.I decided to end the Touch n Go traffic with "tango gulf" so I can pick them out from normal traffic. It certainly is kwel to hear the calls on unicom. Yes, I am excited about this enhancement.GREAT addition to my pretend entertainment!Thanks again MS, Lee, Simon, and the Jet Doctor for the great new feature and the ability to manage it!Now we need some low poly GA aircraft. ;-) i will work on that.

A very nifty flightplan editor with loads of features.You will find it here: www.spacejock.comTraveller

Guest Joshieca

I have also "talked" to Thomas over at AITM and he is in the process of updating it to be used in FS2004 also....he says that for now it will be a patch to make AITM see FS2004, but in the near future, he intends to do a full upgrade to the software.Thanks for the nice comments Delta Sierra....aren't the "Touch-n-Go's" just a blast to watch! :)[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/ABT/unicom.html]Listen Live - Win Prizes - UNICOM Info Click Here][/b

>:-hmmm >>Hi Traveller,>>What is "yRoute"? I have not heard of that program before.>>>Thanks!>I tried it today and it seems very powerful in manipulating AI traffic using the decompiled bgl file from TTools by Lee Swordy. I guess it would need updating to utilize the new features added by MS in FS2004AT present it works quite well with FS2002. It can work with 2004 but requires some manual tinering and renaming of the decompiled files.Worth a try.BillPS Support from Simon was prompt.

Last night I downloaded yRoute Beta for FS2004, and it works with TTools v.2.There is no manual with it, but I soon discovered that the trick is to go to 'Settings' and enter the correct paths, then to click on the 'load selected plans' button. Select flightplans030528.txt. It then asks if you want to load the associated airport.txt and aircraft.txt files. Say 'yes' and yRoute loads.Like many others, I'm waiting for a good TTools front end. yRoute can be used to create new traffic, but I haven't tried using it yet.David Hanstater