Sign in to follow this  
7107delicious

A new 757 for FSX?

When PMDG released a 757 for the Fly! sim, it quickly became a hit due to its attention to detail and high-fidelity systems. Now, more than 10 years after the release, I was hoping for another hit, this time with a beautiful 757 for FSX. I am hoping for a passenger cabin, a fully-functional virtual cockpit, a very realistic soundset, and the "Real Deal" FDEs, known to PMDG for quite a time by now. The question is, are there any plans from PMDG to release a 757 for FSX?

Guest 413X3

no they are doing a 777 and a dash8-400. Level-D are supposed to be working on a 757

There are already heaps of 757's for FSX. So why need another 757?Captainsim, QualityWings Simulations and LevelD which is still in the making.

The Captain Sim model will crash FSX, because my computer isn't strong enough to run the add-on. Also, the QualityWings model isn't as realistic and still has too many bugs on it, and no virtual cabin appears. Additionally, some buttons are unclickable. The POSKY model's FDEs are close, but when tested doesn't run like what the real thing would have gone through. If PMDG created the model, they have the power to use highly-detailed both exterior and interior models to match real photos, while at the same time making the 757 run llike the real thing. FYI, I doubt Level-D is making progress with their 757, because as you see, no further announcements or previews are made.

Mike Krawczyk

A2A Simulations

The Captain Sim model will crash FSX, because my computer isn't strong enough to run the add-on.
On the basis of that, considering that you'd be looking at probably more than four years before PMDG could even get around to doing a 757, and going on the (frankly unlikely) assumption that if they did make one in four years' time, it would almost certainly require more computing power than the CS 757 presently does, then if you want a realistic FS 757, it's a no brainer to simply upgrade your computer and get the CS version right now.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Hay i agree with the others.we don't need anymore 757s there are so many other aircraft that can be done. my new solgan say no to 757s

no they are doing a 777 and a dash8-400. Level-D are supposed to be working on a 757
I was on the understanding it was not a Q400 but a Q300?

also, you seem to run CS 767, i dont think the 757 would be that much differnt.

I dont think there is any points to make another 757.Boeing has already stoped making 757 in 2004 anyway.777 is the best choice for now

Z. C

Level D are currently producing a 757, doesn't look like too long before release.

Is Level-D still making the 757? Hope it will be release this summer!

Z. C

Level D are friends of ours and we're not about to go make something they're already doing.
Nice to hear. The Level-D 767 is one of my favorite planes in addition to the entire PMDG fleet. The 757 is already getting a lot of coverage among Level-D, Captain Sim, and QualityWings, so I would prefer to see PMDG focus on new and different projects.I don't know when Level-D plans to unleash the 757, but I just hope they time it at an opportune time for my wallet! Preferably not the same month PMDG rolls out their 737 NGX, Aerosoft their CRJ, etc. :(Loving the latest tidbit previews of the 737 NGX -- can't wait to see more!

Guest b737lvr
The Captain Sim model will crash FSX, because my computer isn't strong enough to run the add-on. Also, the QualityWings model isn't as realistic and still has too many bugs on it, and no virtual cabin appears. Additionally, some buttons are unclickable. The POSKY model's FDEs are close, but when tested doesn't run like what the real thing would have gone through. If PMDG created the model, they have the power to use highly-detailed both exterior and interior models to match real photos, while at the same time making the 757 run llike the real thing. FYI, I doubt Level-D is making progress with their 757, because as you see, no further announcements or previews are made.
I just love it when people post things like this and than have soemthing like a signature stating "Captain Sim 767 Captain" right after saying they cant even run the 757 :(