Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Problem with complex aircraft VC instruments

Hi everyone, I posted this in the F1 support forum hoping they might have seen this before. I'm out of ideas. I have installed Win7 64bit (new home-build) and just re-installed FSX this morning. This is a clean install following the guidelines in the Flight 1 FAQ's. In addition UAC is off, FSX is installed on the C root drive (C:/FSX) and anti virus was turned off during the install. I made the default flight the 'FSX default fight for complex aircraft' and load the mustang. Here is what I'm seeing:The 2d cockpit appears to function normally as all garmin screens are working and throttles respond. In the VC, the garmins are black and the throttles do not move (engines respond) when the joystick is moved. Before re-installing FSX, I did remove acceleration then applied SP1 and SP2 with the same results. The default Cessna with the Garmin does work in the VC, so apparently this a problem with complex add-ons. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ThanksBob.. :)System:Win 7 64bit up to date, stable, no overclocking. FSX installed as per FAQ's with Acceleration. 6 gig memory, GTS 260 GPU (197.45).

Guest Greystone

Bob,This may be a question totally unrelated to your query, but why did you install FSX in the C:\ root directory? FSX is a 32-bit program and my Acceleration Pack install placed it in the Program Files (x86) directory. I have Win-7 64-bit and am unsure of why the 32-bit programs need to go in this directory. Does the operation of basic functions need a different look by the OS? Just a thought.

Bob,This may be a question totally unrelated to your query, but why did you install FSX in the C:\ root directory? FSX is a 32-bit program and my Acceleration Pack install placed it in the Program Files (x86) directory. I have Win-7 64-bit and am unsure of why the 32-bit programs need to go in this directory. Does the operation of basic functions need a different look by the OS? Just a thought.
Hi!I don't believe FSX or Win7 care. :) What you get is less OS control outside the Programs Folder. BTW, I could not solve my problem from my original post and wiped the hard drive and re-installed Win7 and FSX. That appears initially to solve the problem. Bob.. :)