Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

Frustrated!! FS2002 Growing When it Shouldn't be.

Guest RobA

Ditto on that advice, Gosta. This happened to me and it turned out to be some addon bush sceneries (specifically the .afd file) that was causing it. Didn't even realize it was happening until one day my computer says it's full. What? Checking the drive, it was indeed full to the max! I safely deleted these bogus indexes but each time I loaded flt sim I could see it was rebuilding the scenery database and another file of 1.4 Gig would appear. Doesn't take too long doing this to fill up the harddrive. Took out my bush sceneries and then added them back in one at a time until one of them created the problem. I deleted the .afd file from that scenery and kept the scenery proper. There was another 3-4 sceneries that did the same thing and I had to find the culprits and remove the .afd file from them.Best, Rob

Hi Rob,actually there's a neat little utility out there. It's called 'scanbgl' or words to that effect, and it's by Lee Swordy, if I remember correctly (check the Avsim library). This will scan all your .bgl files for errors and alert you to faulty ones. If it's an AFD file, you can then replace it with one from the FS CD, or use a backup that was created by Afcad. Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest RobA

Thanks, Gosta. On my way to grab that little utility. :-)Rob

Guest Heather 636

First of all, I wish to thank all of you gentlemen for your help and advice.I had the problem narrowed down to bad afd file, the fun part was in finding it.As it turned out, the ones that were causing me problems were in scenery files by Tom Fica. As soon as I "quarantined" the AFD files, the problem was eliminated. Fortunately, I was still able to keep the scenery itself, just without the AFD files. I love your work Tom and will do everything possible to keep it amongst my bush scenery. Your work is right there at the top in quality and detail.The strange thing is that I just downloaded Lee Swordy's scanbgls.zip a moment ago and ran it and it came up zilch, no bad files. I don't know what the deal is there but I am just glad to have found the problem and was able to eliminate it and still keep my sceneries. Alaska just wouldn't be the same without Tom's work in it.Gentlemen, thank you all for your attention to my dilemma.Sincerely,Heather

Guest Grey_Wolf

the AFDs in question only affect some systems. I know for a fact my personal PC has issues with a lot of AFDs (seams like the same ones yours has issues with). But the adjacent PC, my roomates, will install the same AFD's with no problem. SO while it is a good file its just not comaptible on some computer systems.