Sign in to follow this  
Guest acebrando7

PMDG's pricing

Guest acebrando7

I just quickly visited PMDG's website to see their progress on the new 737's. However, is it just me or did PMDG drastically increase their pricing? Their 737 products are more now than they were versus when they first came out years ago.brando

I just quickly visited PMDG's website to see their progress on the new 737's. However, is it just me or did PMDG drastically increase their pricing? Their 737 products are more now than they were versus when they first came out years ago.brando
In Euro's or USD?In the past they swapped overnight from USD to Euro's (and later back) because the Euro was very strong and by changing to Euro's they instantly increased their prices and profits.Nice business ethics :( Maybe they did it again.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

products are more now than they were versus when they first came out years ago.
Hahaha.. this is called inflation sir.My Dutch guilders were also more than halved in value when the damn euro came.Now everything is expensive here, and due to inflation more dan quadroupled.If you can imagine all the money created out of thin air, everything must be getting more expensive.Your salary goes up also, ergo, money is less value, so price goes up.I hope you dont be serious when you stated that ?

What was that country in Africa where it cost a billion of their bucks to buy a loaf of bread? That's what happens when gov's loosen the rules to much and business people have to decide whether to dance on the line of ethicacy or to hop back and forth over the line.Mark

Hahaha.. this is called inflation sir.
On software?? Would you pay $100 for Windows 3.11?

- Aaron

Some of their products have been republished at static prices in the CD versions of Aerosoft.com. See if any of those products appeal to you.

IMHO... When you consider the amount of work put into these products, and the level of detail and realism, at current prices, it's still quite a bargain. -m@

What was that country in Africa where it cost a billion of their bucks to buy a loaf of bread? That's what happens when gov's loosen the rules to much and business people have to decide whether to dance on the line of ethicacy or to hop back and forth over the line.Mark
That would be Zimbabwe. Yeah, I believe it would be inflation. Back in 06, the 737-800/900 package was about $5 less than it's current price today.

Yup...I don't think that PMDG is a culprit in this but you might want to ask yourself about writing software. Has it been updated to a value which warrants an increase in price or is it re-pricing software, (that may not have been touched in years), in order to optimize a personal portfolio...loses incurred by other ventures. If there is value added then there is value added. If it is still the same as it was 5 years ago then why would there be an increase in cost to the consumer?Mark

------------------------- If there is value added then there is value added. If it is still the same as it was 5 years ago then why would there be an increase in cost to the consumer?Mark
54 years ago, I bought my first home for $16,000. Assuming that house remains as it was then, today it would fetch about $400,000. And it provides the identical same value or utility today as it did in 1956.The difference in cost to the consumer is called inflation.[Our various governments seem to like inflation as it covers up their wild overspending to get our votes at election time.]Alex Reid

You're right Alex. My parents purchased a number of houses in San Marino California in the 60's and 70's for about the same price. It became extraordinarily expensive to buy them later. The thing of it is that they didn't have to do anything to them, they just had to wait until the prices went through the roof...pun...So the idea of it is, that it probably is the cost of doing business that drives up the prices.It's not PMGD per say, (at least I hope not), but it is the other situations that cause the Zimbabwe effect. So what we should hope for is that the companies out there that have a conscience and that don't raise their prices simply to take advantage of us. You know, there are actually people out there that do that on purpose.Mark

It's not PMGD per say, (at least I hope not), but it is the other situations that cause the Zimbabwe effect. So what we should hope for is that the companies out there that have a conscience and that don't raise their prices simply to take advantage of us. You know, there are actually people out there that do that on purpose.Mark
The basis of pricing any product in a free market is what the market will bear. Producers set their prices in an attempt to maximise their revenue. If by raising their prices thay can increase their revenue then that's what they will do. No one's being taken advantage of - if the price is to high for a particular inmdividual then he won't buy.

The basis of raising prices is subjective and depends on how tolerable it is for the environment around you. If a company makes a great product then they should have confidence in it. It just is such a shame that our community is so small. These guys, (at least for the most part), are doing this out of a labor of love. I could only hope that they make some kind of profit but at the same time, knowing that the rest of us are under the same anvil and hammer :)Mark

54 years ago, I bought my first home for $16,000. Assuming that house remains as it was then, today it would fetch about $400,000. And it provides the identical same value or utility today as it did in 1956.The difference in cost to the consumer is called inflation.[Our various governments seem to like inflation as it covers up their wild overspending to get our votes at election time.]Alex Reid
you can't compare a house to a piece of software, sorry.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

you can't compare a house to a piece of software, sorry.
Really? They are both subject to the laws of supply and demand. Even house titles get stolen occasionally.AR