Sign in to follow this  
Guest Grey_Wolf

High Priority Occupancy trick

Guest goon

Hey thanks guys, while my frames aren't really any higher, the dips I was getting from my locked value have almost totally disappeared!Thanks again,Gareth Evans

Hi,The only problem I have come across using this 'trick' under XP Home is with the time it takes for the operating system to release resources to allow you to do something else. For example, try running FS2k4 in a window and then right click the task bar and select Task Manager. It will run but try shutting it down again and see how long it takes :(This may have implications for the running of other software alongside FS2k4 if you have started FS2k4 first. I don't know as I haven't got that far...yet!Mike :-wave

Guest hassata

Here's a tip I came across to add a "High Priority" option to the Right Click menu when executing any program (works great). Be careful as it involves changes to the Registry.Adding the Tweak Manually...**************[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTexefileshell]1. Verify the following data is set:Type: REG_SZName: (Default)Value: open[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTexefileshell]2. Create a new key titled

Works great..Just one tiny little problem.I cant get SB Relay or the IVAO multiplayer Squawkbox patches to work when i ;have started FS9 with this fix.The main problem is that the Flightsim Multiplayer window does not show the sessions.But this higher priority does make my sim feel better and the frames are more stable.Any ideas on the multiplayer thing??

Guest SlimDady

Yea its taking priority away from any other application thats also running.so it will cauz everything but fs to hang up, or be extra slow

LOLWEll i knew that..was looking for a fix or trick of somekind.No matter..use high priority offlineNOrmal online.

Guest Grey_Wolf

Try substituting "high" with "abovenormal" Wich is exactly that, but it will leave a bit more cpu for other aplications while still giving more to FS in its normal startup setting of "normal".

Guest victorwest

Just when you think you've read all the FS9 tweaks, along comes a reminder that you haven't! :)

Guest JeanLuc_

Yes, and as always to each is own. So never forget what's written above:===================================================================The only problem I have come across using this 'trick' under XP Home is with the time it takes for the operating system to release resources to allow you to do something else. For example, try running FS2k4 in a window and then right click the task bar and select Task Manager. It will run but try shutting it down again and see how long it takes This may have implications for the running of other software alongside FS2k4 ===================================================================when something goes wrong with your FS, make sure to revert back to normal mode before suspecting the latest add-on you have is the culprit of your crashes!

What it one were to apply high priority to the other FS apps as well?sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest JeanLuc_

I guess then it would be too much CPU to too few apps which would start to jeopardize the underlying OS basic functions...By the way, I love your signature!Hope this helps!

>By the way, I love your signature!Thanks! I love your products!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Guest jmarcure

>This may have implications for the running of other software>alongside FS2k4 if you have started FS2k4 first. I don't know>as I haven't got that far...yet!>>Mike :-waveCould be. I had trouble with the GPS and mouse after doing this. I use a USB mouse so I figured that priority was being taken from the USB drivers. As far as the GPS goes, I suspected it may launch as a different process and wasn't being given any priority so it was choppy and slow. But that could have been because of the mouse problem.Jon

Hey gridley, I noticed that you've got the meridian in your signature line-who wouldn't notice it? But are you getting the same problem with the meridian's GPS when you use this trick? I can't get the GPS to fire up from a cold cockpit when I assign high priority to FS2004. Am I doing something wrong. I've got XP Home by the way.Thanks!!!