Sign in to follow this  
031195ds

How to install Traffic View Board 2.1?

Hi,I'm having problem installing Traffic View Board 2.1 to my FS2004. I downloaded the tutorial but that wasn't very helpful for some reason. Can anyone go through the full steps of how to install it please and I've also got the pdates for Traffic View Board 2.1. Thank You

Hi,I'm having problem installing Traffic View Board 2.1 to my FS2004. I downloaded the tutorial but that wasn't very helpful for some reason. Can anyone go through the full steps of how to install it please and I've also got the pdates for Traffic View Board 2.1. Thank You
The documentation really should be easy to follow - but it does say to unzip the package directly into your FS2004 main folder.I never do that - instead I always unzip to a temporary folder first, so I can check the package out and read any instructions.If you do that you will get the following folders:AircraftGaugesModulesInside of the Aircraft folder you will find a folder named Traffic View Board. Place a copy of that folder into your Flight Simulator 9 Aircraft folder.There are two files in the Gauges folder - place a copy of both of them into your Flight Simulator 9 Gauges folder.There is one file in the Modules folder - place a copy of it into your Flight Simulator 9 Modules folder.You only need the latest "update" file - it will contain a file named TrafficViewBoard.dat and it will go into your Guages folder - overwriting what is already there.Be sure to read the file named TrafficViewBoard.dat - it is in a subfolder named Docs withing the Traffic View Board aircraft folder. Particularily the section regarding the need to have FSUIPC installedHope that helps.

The documentation really should be easy to follow - but it does say to unzip the package directly into your FS2004 main folder.I never do that - instead I always unzip to a temporary folder first, so I can check the package out and read any instructions.If you do that you will get the following folders:AircraftGaugesModulesInside of the Aircraft folder you will find a folder named Traffic View Board. Place a copy of that folder into your Flight Simulator 9 Aircraft folder.There are two files in the Gauges folder - place a copy of both of them into your Flight Simulator 9 Gauges folder.There is one file in the Modules folder - place a copy of it into your Flight Simulator 9 Modules folder.You only need the latest "update" file - it will contain a file named TrafficViewBoard.dat and it will go into your Guages folder - overwriting what is already there.Be sure to read the file named TrafficViewBoard.dat - it is in a subfolder named Docs withing the Traffic View Board aircraft folder. Particularily the section regarding the need to have FSUIPC installedHope that helps.
I've done that now I'm having another problem. When I go to FS2004, I don't know how to get up the Traffic View Board up. Do you know how? thanks

Select it in the Aircraft menu (Manufacturer = Traffic View Board). Make sure you are in the 2D cockpit.Hope this helps,

Select it in the Aircraft menu (Manufacturer = Traffic View Board). Make sure you are in the 2D cockpit.Hope this helps,
yes that helped but now the manufacturer Module AI and the aircraft Traffic View Board 2.1 are blank when I click on them, can somebody tell me why and how could I fix it?

Guest Terry.S
yes that helped but now the manufacturer Module AI and the aircraft Traffic View Board 2.1 are blank when I click on them, can somebody tell me why and how could I fix it?
Click the red button on the lower left of the view board and it will turn green and you will be in business.

Click the red button on the lower left of the view board and it will turn green and you will be in business.
No thats not the problem when I click Traffic View Board 2.1 there is no aircraft then when I start click fly now it freezes??

No thats not the problem when I click Traffic View Board 2.1 there is no aircraft then when I start click fly now it freezes??
I know what I did wrong sorry thank you for your help thank you