Hello,If I supress FSUIPC Variance in Winds page, I prevent drunken flying with 747. What is variance?

Hello,If I supress FSUIPC Variance in Winds page, I prevent drunken flying with 747. What is variance?
Hi Word Not Allowed,I do the same with the PMDG MD-11 and it works for me too. I noticed that when the erratic turns start wind goes crazy maybe accompanied by turbulence. Blocking that in FSUIPC helps me too to prevent this.Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Hi,Causes the winds in FS not to change, only when the data requires a change.

Jim,I don't quite understand what you mean. In FSUIPC says is supresses both incoming METAR settings and directional variation from both cloud and wind turbulence. Won't I be missing a lot of variation with disabling this feature? I never heard of this function in FS9, is this something that's only for FSX? In FS9 we had a problem of sudden wind shift.Did you have any reports this happening with any other aircraft than PMDGs?

Hi,This can happen with any plane that is sensitive to wind shifts. Yes you will lose a little bit not having variance. I would leave it off and use DWC in AS or with wind smoothing options in FSUIPC 4.

In fact, I started using DWC as of yesterday, and noticed that in the cruise (was doing KJFK-EGLL), I stopped getting little turns it was doing previously. But a weird thing I noticed - winds didn't change according to the aircrafts readout. With all functions off, including smoothing in FSUIPC, all was OK up to descent. Then, at some waypoint, it started doing a turn into nothing, then again back, but like, very slowly. It was banked pretty hard, but barely turning. The wind though, was blowing with 125 knots from behind, just little from the right, so that shouldn't have impacted it as much. As I turned supresses, all 3 to on, wind was still there, but the aircraft turned quickly and went again on its path.There is something majorly wrong here...

Hi,You use DWC and not use FSUIPC or you use FSUIPC and do not use DWC. You really can't use both at the same time.

Hi,You use DWC and not use FSUIPC or you use FSUIPC and do not use DWC. You really can't use both at the same time.
I was just about to ask about this. Up until now I have always used the same settings in FSUIPC I found somewhere long time ago now but thought maybe things have changed since when I found those settings and now with the new ASE. So...I would really appreciate some input on what settings both in ASE and FSUIPC are recommended by you guys and I'm particulary interested in the Winds and Clouds options.Also when you say either you use DWC or FSUIPC what are the pros/cons with each of these two approaches? Obviously the goal is to have the most realistic weather experience where you DO get wind shifts, turbulence etc just like IRL but still without the very unrealistic wind conditions you sometimes see in FSX when not using any of the above methods.Thanks alot in advance,

Richard Åsberg

Hi Web,Because I use the unregistered version of FSUIPC in FSX, I will defer to other users who have more experience with the options.

I appreciate that Jim.While waiting for some other input I'll do some testing with the various settings both in ASE and FSUIPC and try to conclude what works best (for me).

Richard Åsberg