Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

GPS LPV capability for your Reality-XP GNS

Well, it is here!Reality-XP just announced that their latest GNS 530/430W units (free upgrade) will providelateral and vertical GPS approaches, coupled to your standard FSX autopilot... pretty nice!http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34926Here a flight I did an hour ago.. works great!
Things only keep getting better and better for fs!Thanks Reality Xp..!! ..and Bert!

Things only keep getting better and better for fs!Thanks Reality Xp..!! ..and Bert!
Just another example, this time flying a GPS approach into Princess Juliana airporton Saint Maarten (which does not have an ILS, so this is a real benefit).

Bert

Just another example, this time flying a GPS approach into Princess Juliana airporton Saint Maarten (which does not have an ILS, so this is a real benefit).
Okay, so you aren't restricted to RNAV approaches...? (RXP said you could fly RNAV approaches so I thought GPS approaches wouldn't work...) Don't know if this was a stupid question, but I hardly know anything about this... :( I still don't know if I would benefit a lot from this new option (also because I notice almost all airfields I visit in PWN don't have ANY approached at all in the GPS).

Guest JeanLuc_
Okay, so you aren't restricted to RNAV approaches...? (RXP said you could fly RNAV approaches so I thought GPS approaches wouldn't work...) Don't know if this was a stupid question, but I hardly know anything about this... :( I still don't know if I would benefit a lot from this new option (also because I notice almost all airfields I visit in PWN don't have ANY approached at all in the GPS).
When mentioning "LPV" is more about "approaches the GPS is capable of" ! in short: if the GNS WAAS feeds the G/S signal, then, you'll be able to fly it fully coupled, or if you prefer, just following the F/DAs for the "approaches" in the DB, is this still true with the GNS WAAS database update, cycle SEP09-OCT09 ?http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34067

Alright, working great for me! GNS430W with Carenado F33 Bonanza!(yeah it's a bumpy day here in Duluth haha)rxpf33.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm no authority on this but - the short answer is it will do both.Keep in mind RNAV is a generic term - Area Navigation - so GPS is a type of RNAV.You

I'm no authority on this but - the short answer is it will do both.Keep in mind RNAV is a generic term - Area Navigation - so GPS is a type of RNAV.You'll find two types of GPS approaches; GPS and RNAV(GPS) My understanding is the latter is a conventional approach that has been modified for GPS...AKA "GPS overlay"The good news is PNW has lots of GPS/RNAV(GPS) approaches. To do a quick check

Fantastic news. Downloading now.Thanks Jean-Luc