Sign in to follow this  
c402_cvs

Memory leak

Hi,I'm getting severe memory leaks with this. If I start from KFHR I can fly for about 30min before I get a OOM error. If I start from places like ENZV or ENTO I cannot even complete the TURN checks before a OOM error occurs. Wonderful addon BTW, immersion is very very much enhanced and the voice recognition work 100%. Win7 Enterprise 32bit with 4GB ram. Where should I mail the black box data stuff to?

Hi,We tested the product extensively across multiple machines, and the user base is growing large. There is no memory leak in the software.Please check other addons you're running (such as scenery... bad land class can cause eat up memory very quickly).Also, do a general search in the Avsim main forum for OOM errors.There's a lot of discussion -and solutions- for OOM issues.I'd start by looking there.Best,

On a 32-bit OS it is relatively common for FSX addons to cause OOM errors. Have you used the "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA" command to make more memory available to FSX? How much memory is on your graphics adapter?

Thanx, that last command suggested worked and I could complete a flight from KFHR to KLOM.