Sign in to follow this  
Hugo346

NL2000 version 4.0 released

I particularly like the modular approach they've introduced with this version. You can now only install the elements you're interested in. The whole scenery is a whopping 32 Gb.Paul

What is the resolution of the scenery? Didn't see it listed in the FAQ.

The dutch manual says:Resolution is mostly 1m/pixel.Some airports are 40cm/pixel.

Guest 413X3

how does EHAM look?

EHAM not yet available in v.4. I'm mostly done downloading Rotterdam, will report back on that later.

Paul Skol

Incredible piece of work!Congrats and thank you very very much :--)

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Paul,To download, for example, Rotterdam and Amesterdam (when ready) do we have to download any other files (with common textures) or just those files pertaining to the specific airports?Thanks!Edmundo

EHAM not yet available in v.4. I'm mostly done downloading Rotterdam, will report back on that later.

Edmundo Azevedo

Paul,To download, for example, Rotterdam and Amesterdam (when ready) do we have to download any other files (with common textures) or just those files pertaining to the specific airports?Thanks!Edmundo
The file called nl2k_v4_libraries is mandatory: all airfields use stuff from that one. And you also need NL2000V4_installer_4.0.17_setup to install any packages. Afaik the rest is up to you, although I don't know if the airfields will look good without the photorealistic scenery. I suppose they are made to fit perfectly in the photoreal surrounding and may look odd in FSX default scenery. But of course that's easy to find out. :( BTW (for those who don't understand Dutch): nl2k_v4_Fotoscenery object_excludes is needed to exclude default FSX objects (which may look odd on the photoreal textures), but you only need that one if you do NOT use nl2k_v4_3D which adds custom made objects (buildings, windmills, ships, bridges). And nl2k_v4_education places names of every town on the texture for 'educational purposes'. The rest is pretty obvious, I guess.

Fellow Pilots:The NL2000 FSX files are all in the library now and all linked together. To avoid confusion due to the number of files and links I suggest grabbing the whole package because they all require the installer and some require the NL 2000 libraries.Almost Live From Canada....."keep your stick on the ice".

Bummer, I see the most important files are not there: the photorealistic scenery. Those files are way too big of course... I am posting this because otherwise people might expect thay can download the whole package from Avsim. The files on Avsim are the icing on the cake (and may be worth the download nonetheless), but beware that the cake is missing! :( All the files on Avsim were created (afaik) to match the photoscenery files so without the latter things may not look too good.

Respect for all that hard work!!!But...is it going to rock my simworld or will it turn my sim into a 7fps powerpoint presentation?Regards,

pmdg_j41_banner.jpg

Rick,Please note that I think there is a small mistake. The package "Netherlands NL2000 v4.0 EHDR Drachten package (Download #148959)" appears twice. One of them should probably be " nl2k_v4_ehrd Rotterdam The Hague Airport" (it is EHRD not to be confused to EHDR).Could you please check?ThanksEdmundo

Fellow Pilots:The NL2000 FSX files are all in the library now and all linked together. To avoid confusion due to the number of files and links I suggest grabbing the whole package because they all require the installer and some require the NL 2000 libraries.Almost Live From Canada....."keep your stick on the ice".

Edmundo Azevedo