Sign in to follow this  
Guest ronhamilton

WOW! JS4100 Questions

Guest ronhamilton

First of all thanks, this is just perfect in every which way. Couple questions though. TURN CHECK has an item called; FMS/RADIOS - SET....how am I suppose to set the FMS/RADIO's if the Engines arn't started and therefore the Avionics switch is off.....even if I turn them On do my thing and then shut them off before I start the engines everything will reset once I turn the Avisonics back on. I'm guessing I'm suppose to be using GPU Power + Avionics on then start one engine then turn the GEN on then turn off the GPU then start the other engine? Thanks.... o ya, I remeber in the WilcoPub FS2Crew you had a timer there for the preflight, and I could see how much time was left and I could also speed that time up, is this option anywhere on the JS41. ThanksRon Hamilton

TURN CHECK has an item called; FMS/RADIOS - SET....how am I suppose to set the FMS/RADIO's if the Engines arn't started and therefore the Avionics switch is off.....even if I turn them On do my thing and then shut them off before I start the engines everything will reset once I turn the Avisonics back on.
Your setup will not be lost when turning off the avionics switches, as long as you perform the startup correctly:* Start the left engine and turn the generator on* Disconnect the GPU* Start the right engine* Turn avionics back onThe procedure is outlined in the PMDG Pilot's tutorial pages 56-59(If you follow the correct procedure but still loose the FMS programming during startup, you need to use a different procedure when loading the JS4100 in FSX. Try loading the default Trike first at the airport you want to depart from, then shut it down using the "off" switch and load the JS4100).

I don't know if it's totally right, but I turned the avionics on, set the FMS, and then turned it off. Provided there's external power it seems to hold the memory.There's a FF on the config panel to advance time.I hope that helps.Peter

I don't know if it's totally right, but I turned the avionics on, set the FMS, and then turned it off. Provided there's external power it seems to hold the memory.There's a FF on the config panel to advance time.I hope that helps.Peter
The way I do it:Right at the begging of the flight (assuming I'm going to run the Pre-Flight events, which as you all know is optional)Batteries and GPU on, then I turn the Avionics Master on.Then I set up the FMC.That'll work for you.Cheers,

I was going to ask the same questions....thanks for the answers guys !cheersGreg

Guest ronhamilton
The way I do it:Right at the begging of the flight (assuming I'm going to run the Pre-Flight events, which as you all know is optional)Batteries and GPU on, then I turn the Avionics Master on.Then I set up the FMC.That'll work for you.Cheers,
If you are under GPU power do you still have to turn the Avionics Switch off before you start the left engine?.Ron Hamilton

I think the FO should turn off the avionics switches as part of his start flow