Sign in to follow this  
JustinW

747-400 start up problems

Im currently running the windows 32bit software with FSX along with the acceleration package and i installed fsx with FSUIPC and installed the PMDG747. I discovered that when i clicked on a 744 it pauses and shows the loading of the airports but stops at the Navaids, stops at 0 and crashes FSX. I tried adjusting the DLL.xml file and tried uninstalling the PMDG a few times. Im really close to uninstalling FSX all together and starting over which i dont want to. please help!

the Sim crashes when i pick a passenger or freighter version and it tries to load the AIRAC like the airports and runways. After the airports or not after the the airports and it goes to the runways and stays there and shows a error message. and i click on it to close it and it crashes FSX

A misplaced / or \ character is a common problem in the dll.xml file. It should be easy to find on close inspection.Before re-installing FSX try deleting the fsx.cfg file. FSX will create a new one when you start up next time.The error message may have a click spot for further information, see what else the OS has to offer.

Dan Downs KCRP

Well there was three files that went according to the error msg and i have a also a captain sim 757 aircraft. if i was to install both of them which was to be installed first

Install the pmdg first, make sure it works. Install the other product and see if both work, if the dll.xml file is messed up by other product you either fix it or stop using it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I uninstalled every add-on and installed the PMDG 747 and this time it loaded the airports and navaids but the sim freazes and crashes before the model shows up.

You haven't fixed your dll.xml file is my guess.

Dan Downs KCRP

Does this look right:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon><Name>FS Recorder</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll</Path></Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSCopilot</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

It looks okay to me. I'm not helping much am I? Have you created a trouble ticket at the pmdg support web portal?

Dan Downs KCRP

Justin,See my reply to your support ticket. Should be in your Inbox now. Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg