Sign in to follow this  
Erv Moore

Beech Baron 58 Flight Model - Steve Small's

Does anyone know if Steve Small's FS2 Beech Baron 58 Flight Model will work with FS2004? Looking for a good model, his was excellent in my opinion for FS2. Thanks much!Erv Moore KSDF

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest Ken Meier

Works fine on my system

Not sure how relevent it is, but on the FSD forum they have indicated that the twin enhancement package will not fly properly in FS9. I'm not sure how much this was based on Steve Small's original Baron flight model...

I took the FSD air files and copied them over to my FS2004 aircraft directory for both KingAir and the Baron. A slight tweaking of the aircraft config file is all it takes and they fly every bit as well as thier FS2002 counterparts. I hope FSD makes an air filefor the Mooney as well as a new install package for FS9.AL

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Thanks folks! Excellent news. Erv

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Guest Richard_H

Hi Jordanal (or anyone else who can help)I am really enjoying the Baron in FS2K4 (didn't have the professional edition with FS2K2). However, on the default air file, I find the elevator in particular, very sensitive, and straight and level flight is a bit of an ordeal.2 questions:1. Does the Steve Small air file improve this.2. Could post the changes that yo made to the airfile for it to work smoothly in FS2K4. I notice, that FSD are still not supporting the Twin Engine Enhancement in FS2K4.ThanksRichard

Guest Steve Small

Thanks for the inquiry.By my criteria the FS2002 TwinProps package needs a heck of a lot ofwork for FS2004, but even as they were for FS2002 they are (if usedin FS2004) better than the defaults. The m/e behaviour of the defaults are still fairly poor. Different gauges and panel edits are needed also ... panel lighting is different, and a few other things need changes to be truly "FS2004".As far as an FSD TwinProps package for FS2004 is concerned, some time ago we actually offered to redevelop this project (and expand it, in fact, to collect a couple of other worthy models like the D.H Comet) for Avsim's exclusive use, the intention being to donate the software to Avsim, for their commercial use, to bolster the resources of the Richard Harvey Scholarship Fund. We also offered to finish off the (literally completely rebuilt) Boeing C17 in gmax (below) on the same basisand give the files to Avsim. Unfortunately, no interest was expressed and we dropped both from our schedule. Time does move on and we are pretty much fully tied up with other projects and our own lives, there being are only so many hours in the day, and all that ...We're glad that you are able to make some use of that old FS2002 TwinProps project in FS2004, in any event.http://www.fsd-international.com/temp/c17/c1701.jpghttp://www.fsd-international.com/temp/c17/c1703.jpghttp://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

Guest crabster

That's too bad they didn't take you up that Steve. What a great missed opportunity for all. :(

Guest Ezdale

They dident miss anything they Dodged a Bullit with that offer. Dale

Guest allcott

I've searched the library and can't find any of your valuable contributions Dale. So watch your mouth, you've been banned and warned from several forums because of your own actions and FSD don't want you as a customer.Now we know why.Allcott

Guest Ezdale

FSD Does not deserve my Bussnes And If You want me To Watch my Mouth Tell me Face To Face Like a Man Not Like Steve Small Your all real tough on the internet However next year Il meet some of you In Denver and I am Not Banned from Any where that is worth wile going to And I stand up for my self I dont have or need the likes of you or Tim Dickson to back up my every word. Further more Get Lost

Guest Steve Small

Actually, it went something like this :In early March 2003, Dale Sather (a.k.a. Ezdale) gets into an argument in our support forum with Simon Evans. Mr Sather resorted to the use of four-letter obscenities in his exchange with Evans (we have none specified as 'bad words' in the forum software) . Mr Sather's forum usage gets suspended pending apology which is not forthcoming. I realised he was provoked and acknowledged that to him privately, but said the fxxx's etc were not acceptable in our forum. For his part in it, I also took the matter up with Mr Evans directly.Anyway, Sather re-registers under another ID and goes at it again, same four letter words. We deactivate that ForumID too. Finally, on March 22nd, we get serious and temporarily block the IP's Sather is using to cause trouble. During this, we found a bug in previous DCForum software version that was allowing his continued forum abuse. That bug is not present in the current version of the software.Sather takes it to vindictive email and continues the tirade in as many venues as possible, and this goes on literally for months. I have 41 emails from him at last count, all abusive full of F..k U etc ... We refund all sales to be clear of conscience, to be rid of him, going back to year dot including back to the days we used Flight1 when he had purchased products using a borrowed credit card. I personally, by phone from AU, contacted that person whose card he used and said to that person they should expect to see credits against that account, which they did. They were processed by F1.Despite the refunds, Sather continues to request replacement files (for those he has certified he has deleted, in order to get the refunds) and continues to try and reactivate software he has certified he has long since deleted.We were forced to institute 'forum registration activation" as a means of stopping his ongoing troublemaking. We now apply a 'no anonymous forum ID' and 'no anonymous email service' requirement for new users to prevent him slipping back in for further forum abuse. This was preferable to the concept of 'post approval' in what is, after all, a support forum.Ultimately, on 12th August, we block Sasktel.net (his ISP) from accessing our forum and websites due all the hassles he is intent on causing. Most recently, on October 17th, Sather writes again (I keep all this correspondence, by the way) advising me of my various personal physical inadequacies and advises he has subscribed me to various male and female organ product enhancement services. My already astronomical spam intake again goes through the roof.Mr Sather has variously caused as much mischief as is possible in as many venues as possible, through lies and misrepresentations, but there are some folks out there like Mr Sather. That's the nature of the internet, and all publishers get it. Sather was once banned from here, but it seems that after an ID is banned it is released again after the "90 day inactive" period is reached. This is an issue with the current DCForum software as best I can ascertain.We don't have the time, or the tolerance, for this nonsense. Unfortunately, there are some people who enjoy this but we find it too much of a distraction and too unpleasant to tolerate. All developers get it to some degree, and deal with it as best they can. All sather had to do was apologise for the fr...'s and c...'s and we would have left it there, but he just isn't that sort of person.Sorry to set the record straight, but as I recently said to Tom Allensworth in a personal message about another Sather post, "enough's enough". http://www.fsd-international.com/team/Steve_signature.gif

Concur Steve, and I will get back to you on your offer (though apparently late)... I have been on the road a lot since September and probably missed it and that's why you haven't heard from me. And, my apologies for that. In the meantime, he is now gone from here too.