Sign in to follow this  

GET VS METEO

Guest metaleye

Hello to all;Can you tell me why I have to pay to get FS_METEO V6.0 if I can get Getweather v3.0 from BEARSOFT for free. Is there a difference in the way these two programs handle the weather and the interaction with FS2004.Thank you for your help.

Guest jase439

Why don't you download the free version of FSMeteo and do the comparison for yourself?

Guest metaleye

Because if you MUST know I don't have Internet access in my house. I'm using the Internet in my job. My modem is "down". I can't download anything in this computer because is not permited. If I ask this question is because I can't do it any other way. Do you get the picture. And remember a question is never answered with a question. I hope there are no more "users" like you here. Thank you.

Guest UweR

FS_Meteo is a real world weather program, without an internet connection on your FS machine its essentially useless. My impression is that a little research could have told you that, maybe that

Guest bigun

Metalaye,You sure are "snippy" for someone asking for info. The response that was given was valid in most cased. Try before you buy. I've used both, but guess what. With your attitude, you can find out from someone else.George Stoddard

Guest metaleye

I have an internet connection, I have DSL. My modem is DOWN, NOT WORKING, NOT FUNCTIONING, I'm waiting for the telephone co. to fix it or change it. I was planning to buy this FSMETEO using the reply to my question as input for my decision to or not to buy. Why is this question so difficult for you. A friend was about to buy one FSMETEO for him and I needed this info so I could tell him to buy two of them. I think it could have been faster for you to give me a simple response to my question instead of finding out if I'm stupid or you are smart. Well, any way I think the question will go without a reply. Please pardon my english I'm from Japan and I don't write to much.Thank you.

Guest metaleye

Mr. George Stoddard;I'm sorry I don't know what "SNIPPY" is, can you be more specific. Any way, my first post to my question was very, very, humble. Not one screeam, only good hope. But now you see we are at DEF CON 6. Any way sorry if you or any other person was affected by my question. I'm just looking for my answer. Go back and read my first post, tell me what is wrong with it.Thank you.

Guest TheSidewinder

Hello,I think I can answer what you asked. Yes, your friend could buy it for you, but FS Meteo is ONLY distributed thru Email for now. So, you would have to have a valid email address so the files can be sent to you. And your friend would have to tell Marc exactly what he was trying to do, so the files would be sent to two places (your friend, and you). After that, any updates are sent by email too. If your modem is fixed in a week or so, it won't matter, if you're willing to wait. Once you have a valid internet connection, FS Meteo should work for you just fine.Your English is just fine. It's a lot better than my Japanese, anyway.

Metaleve,This is ALL very confusing.Your ENGLISH is excellent!!!!! 1000% better than my Japanese!My advice to you, now that we understand that you have a DSL connection, is NOT TO HESITATE to buy FS-METEO. I have used it for the last two years on ALL of my flights. Why do I say this?1. FS_METEO wotks correctly 99.9% of the time ... a truly excellent piece of software.2. Marc Philibert, the software developer provides excellent, very responsive support if you have any issues.Sorry, don't know about the other FREE software ... but in this case I can assure you that you get what you pay for with FS_Meteo..Good luck ... and as pointed out above, you can try it for free!!!

Guest metaleye

Hello Mr. Sidewinder;I thank you for taking from your time to answer my question. I'm very happy to know that there is still hope for those that are in need for a helping hand in this not very easy world of Flight Sim. You must rest asure that my next question will contain ALL the facts as why I'm asking my question so there are no missunderstandings, (this word is toooooo long, it's speeling is ok?), any way, thank you. Just a very, very, very small detail. I don't want to offend you or any budy else, but, can you tell me the differece between FSMETEO AND GETWEATHER so I can make reach a descition on if I must buy or not.Thank you, have a nice day.

Guest metaleye

Hello Mr. Paul Benoit;I'm so glad to hear from you, I think that there is no free demo for FSMETEO VER. 6.0., maybe for the other versions but not for the latest one. I wanted to have all the facts for this new version so I can reach a desicion in this matter. Please, if I'm wrong let me know, so I can go the the Internet Page using my friend access and get this demo.Thank you for you'r repply;

Guest ssurjap

Basically, the difference between the two programs is where it gets the weather from.GetWeather gets its feed from Jeppensen and FSMeteo uses its own servers. Also, FSMeteo updates the weather every 6 minutes (I believe), and GetWeather updates the weather every 15 minutes (since it uses the logic from FS2004 directly).In addition, FSMeteo allows you to set different options in how the weather is handled. GetWeather doesn't.

Guest metaleye

Mr Macs;I'm sorry to disturb your meditations at the Tibet monastery but; Are you perfect?Please don't answer, just think about it!