Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anticyclone

Active Camera and TrackIR

Guest hassata

Does the payware version of AC now work with TrackIR?Thanks

Guest hassata

PLease confirm: You can use TrackIR in virtual cockpit with Active Camera option for head latency (e.g. head bobing effect) enabled?If so I will download tonight--been holding off b/c did not work together in FS2002.Many Thanks

I do know that in FS2002, on a two monitor setup, that sliding any panel to the second monitor allowed ACP and TrackIR to work together. If the panel on the second monitor is removed the two programs will not function together in FS2002.In FS2004 with 3d glasses I can't even use a second monitor. Upon activating 3d glasses with a panel on the second monitor the system crashes.So, I'm back to one monitor where I'm holding back from getting ACP until I'm positive that the two programs will work together on a single monitor system.I would appreciate it if anyone using 3d glasses on a single monitor would chime in on this topic.Rex

Guest product

No- TrackIR is not compatible with the head latency and turbulence effects of Active Camera, including the payware version. You can only use the various view settings and zoom with the mouse wheel.I find this very disappointing myself, but the TrackIR people have told me that Active Camera simply conflicts with their software in the latency/bobbing effect. They have offered to help make the two work together if the Active Camera people are interested, I passed that info along to them a few months back but don't know if they've gotten together.Best,Joel

Thanks Joel, You saved me some aggrevation..........Rex

Guest hassata

THanks guys. I tried AC demo in seattle with TrackIr and head bob still does not work--Shame.

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Joel,If you have TrackIR you do not need to use Active Camera for head latency only since TrackIR generates his own head latency (in fact the user generates the head latency) with the comfort of hands free. This effect of AC2004 is therefore counteracted by the same effect with TrackIR.So it will never be compatible.The only difference is that Track IR head latency is a bit less perceptible during hard maneuvers (simply because the user does not feel the G's). AC2004 head latency effect is based on G-Force data coming from FS2004.Just for the story, here is how we started to develop AC.I have a few hundreds hours aerobatics (Extra 300, Pits S2B, Deacathlon,..) and sometimes I fixed a VCR on my leather helmet just to allow me to make my own post flight debriefing.After monitoring these tapes Guillaume had the idea to implement such an effect in FS.We programmed quite compex algoritms in order to render the G-Force effects that one feels in the cokcpit. This effect has been tweaked dozens of time while watching the videos.It is of course not perfect (as real as it gets) but it gives anyway a less/more good idea of the pilot head movements (either airborne or rolling on the ground).Regards,

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings Serge!Would it be possible to add to the already present head movements left/right and up/down, also a little forward/backward movement? You know, like in IL2 Sturmovik? Jaap Verduijn.

Guest Anticyclone

Hi Jaap,During the development we had programmed this effect but finally we decided to cancel it since it was not comfortable while clicking on the panel.Anyway we are just finishing to implement an interesting feature.It is a kind of AI traffic padlock. When this option is activated the pilots head tracks continuously the aircraft in your vicinity. We are thinking to tweak the code a bit in order to track visually more than one AI. In fact we have programmed our own protocol to communicate with FS2004 and we have virtually a TCAS module. So we could even add vocal/aural warnings in case of conflict. Mvg,