Sign in to follow this  
davjg

Speech Engine

Hi I did down loaded the link you have provided for the the XP user but only one tab appeared at the top which is Text to Speech, nothing else. the Voice button would not stay "on". what am I missing here? thanksI found this message under Speech Recognition Init Log Current Task: Creating the Critical Section Object..., SUCCEEDED!Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3Microsoft Flight Simulator XCurrent Task: Creating the ISpRecognizer object..., SUCCEEDED![unknown Speech Recognizer]Current Task: Creating the ISpRecoContext object..., Error Code: 0x8004503aThanksDavid

Hello David,If using XP, you don't have the SAPI speech engine installed properly. (Vista and Win 7 have SAPI built in).XP users can install SAPI from here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/4...SpeechSDK51.exeTry re-installing if you already have it.It sounds like you didn't install it properly.Be sure to review pages 9 to 11 of the FS2Crew manual. There's a picture of what you should see if using XP.Cheers,

Hello David,If using XP, you don't have the SAPI speech engine installed properly. (Vista and Win 7 have SAPI built in).XP users can install SAPI from here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/B/4...SpeechSDK51.exeTry re-installing if you already have it.It sounds like you didn't install it properly.Be sure to review pages 9 to 11 of the FS2Crew manual. There's a picture of what you should see if using XP.Cheers,
Hello BrianThanks for the quick response. I already downloaded the link indicated above. I did unzip the file but it does not appear as you mention on pages 9 to 11 of the FS2crew. In fact the only tab that shows is "text to speech" nothing else. Why is that? maybe I didnt place the zip file in the correct folder, not sure. What am I doing wrong? I hope you can tell me. ThanksDavid

Hello BrianThanks for the quick response. I already downloaded the link indicated above. I did unzip the file but it does not appear as you mention on pages 9 to 11 of the FS2crew. In fact the only tab that shows is "text to speech" nothing else. Why is that? maybe I didnt place the zip file in the correct folder, not sure. What am I doing wrong? I hope you can tell me. ThanksDavid
Hi David,Please do this:Note: Everyone, this is for XP users only who do NOT already have the SAPI speech recognition engine installed. Vista and Win 7 have SAPI pre-installed.1. Double click SpeechSDK51.exe (this is the file you downloaded from the link)2. It will ask you where you want to extract the files to.3. Create a folder on your desktop call 'temp' or whatever you like.4. Unzip/Extract the files there.5. From that folder, run "setup.exe".That's it!Don't forget to run the Voice Training.Cheers,