Sign in to follow this  
Guest MelvinRafi

Anyone forced into FS safe mode?

Guest MelvinRafi

Hi guys! I've run into a strange problem I've never seen till today. When I start FS2004, I get this message..."Your computer cannot currently use 3-D hardware accleration as it has less than the required amount of video memory. Software 3-D mode has been enabled. Some graphical features may not appear in software mode."I thought my PC was playing a joke on me! :) But then I started FS2002 and got a similar message. My systems specs are...Pentium IV 2.4Ghz1GB RAMnVidia GeForce FX5900 Ultra 256MBWinXP Pro, DetonatorFX 44.03, DirectX 9.0bIt worked perfectly before, until now. I don't recall changing any graphics settings or tweaking anything. Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this?:) Melvin Rafiwww.meljet.com

Guest Grey_Wolf

You'll probably get dozens of diffrent answers, but for me what always fixes it is to first delete the current fs200x.cfg file, then try to restart the sim. If that does not work I then reinstall Direct X then remove the FS200x.cfg and everything works fine.

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:Sounds like it's not recognizing your graphics card. Try reinstalling the drivers, and if you're on XP, run a troubleshoot from the device manager.Cheers,[a href=http://sgair.net" target="_blank]http://sgair.net/mike/banners/daniel_small.jpg [/a]Click the Banner to visit the FFX Website.

The other fellows' suggestions probably have worked for you by now (hopefully), but if that still doesn't solve your issue, you may have had a memory chip on your video card go south on you. Just something to look into if you have to later on.Glenn

Guest CargoMun

Another solution could be to go into display properties under Troubleshoot check if hardware acceleration would have been put to none by accident. THat forces software only use as well.

Guest MelvinRafi

Thanks for all the help guys. I just settled for a reformat, which solved the problem.:) Melvin Rafiwww.meljet.com