Sign in to follow this  
Guest sacrayton

Video

Guest sacrayton

I am interested in knowing what software program(s) are needed to make a video of my flights in FS9. I am not talking about the "video recording" option within FS9. I want to be able to make a video and then send to someone to watch via Windows Media Player or similar programs. Thanks,Stephen

The most common way people tend to do that sort of thing is with FRAPS to record the footage, and Windows Movie Maker to edit it down and add sound, occasionally using something like Goldwave to mess with the sounds even more.You can get more flashy on special effects etc, with things such as Adobe Premiere, After Effects and stuff like that if you have access to Adobe Creative Suite applications, but to be honest, that'd be a rather expensive way to go about doing it, if you did not possess Adobe CS, since they are all rather expensive. So, only really a viable choice if you already have those.Windows Movie Maker costs nothing, since it is already part of the accessory applications on a PC, FRAPS is inexpensive, at only 37 Dollars, and Goldwave is payware - 49 Dollars - but you can use a demo version of it, as indeed you can with FRAPS, although the FRAPS demo is fairly limited.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest belga1
Guest sacrayton

Thanks for the replies. I will get the software and see how successful I am.Stephen

And once you are comfortable with using FRAPS, and editing your masterpiece down to .000001% of the original length :( you can enhance the whole thing by shooting Recorder Module playbacks.This can be quite realistic, especially if you use time delays so the formations don't look as if they are connected with a stick.Here's a fun one I did, and even flew "live" into the recorded action.

And once you are comfortable with using FRAPS, and editing your masterpiece down to .000001% of the original length :( you can enhance the whole thing by shooting Recorder Module playbacks.This can be quite realistic, especially if you use time delays so the formations don't look as if they are connected with a stick.Here's a fun one I did, and even flew "live" into the recorded action.
I have to agree with WingZ, using Fraps is one thing.. but using FSRecord allows you to record the data of your flight and then play it back so you can record it using Fraps as an observer of your plane. Get good with it, and you can do formational flights with yourself.The only problem with FSRecord is that the more advanced planes (PMDG, Wilco, etc) do not have certain aspects recorded by FSRecorder (lights, for example, do not show up as on.)You can see my videos at www.fs9blog.com