Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Realair C172 in FS9?

Has anyone tested the Realair C172 to see how it performs in FS9? I've re-installed it in my FS9 directory, and everything seems to work, though I've been having trouble with the engine quitting on idle (not sure if that is sometihng I am dong wrong).I'm wondering also about the flight model ... I know some changes have been made to the modeling in FS9, and I'm wondering how this effects airfile upgrades such as the C172. I'm eager to use this plane, because it actually seems to slip/skid in turns (gives me a reason to use my rudder pedals). Can anyone who is really familiar with the plane from FS2002 comment on how it flies in FS9?Realair doesn't seem to have a forum to ask about this, and I sure don't want to bug them via email on something that they did for free.

I hope that Rob Young will pipe in... but in my humble opinion, the Realair C172 flies just fine in FS9..The engine cutting out at zero throttle is a common problem for FS2002 planes in FS9.. just keep the throttle on "fast idle"..

Bert

"but in my humble opinion, the Realair C172 flies just fine in FS9.."Hi,That's kind of you. We haven't fully tested the C172 yet, but it should fly fine, except the angle of the fuselage to the airflow might be a bit off, and of course it won't now spin. We are updating the SF260 at the moment and also finishing off our new Decathlon, but when we have time we'll see if we can make the RealAir C172 fly exactly as it did in FS2002.Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulationswww.realairsimulations.com

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest product

"finishing off our new Decathlon"Yesssssss! Rob, that was a fabulous aircraft in Fly2, can't wait to have a version in FS2004. Best,Joel

This is my default FS9 aircraft!Thanks,Dick KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA