Sign in to follow this  
Guest product

CH Control Manager Question

Guest product

I'm trying to use the CH Control Manager software with my yoke, throttle and pedals, having previously just programmed them via the sim (I'd like to try the non-linear sensitivity options available).I have a question that doesn't seem to be addressed anywhere, though maybe I'm just thick- can you just assign only a few buttons via the CH software and then let all the rest be assigned inside FS2004 in the usual way? It seems that when I try to program buttons in the sim while a program map is active, it doesn't recognize any of the buttons on the HID devices when I try to program them. Does everything need to be programmed in the CH manager or am I doing something wrong?Best,Joel

Yes, you can program one or two buttons in CH Manager and set the rest in FS ... but you have to assign them once more in the sim.You will end up with two sets of configuration entries in your FS9.CFG, in other words. One set that is recognised by the sim when you have activated a CH map first, the other when you have not.You've already assigned one set within the sim, right? OK ...Open CH Manager. Create a map for whichever hardware you want to program. UNCHECK DirectX for whichever button(s) you want to use. I only use one .... No.1 on the yoke for RW transmissions. Enter whichever command(s) it is you want. Then save the map.Activate it. Open FS. Open assignments for the yoke or whichever you created the map for. Reassign everything, excepting, say, No.1 if you did the same as me. Save.That's it.Good luck!Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

After you assign keys in Control Manager , first save your map settings, then you Must hit the download button, before new changes become active.Rex

If you only want to set response, sensitivity, etc. then no, you don't need to program anything so long as you're running V2.10 (or 2.00, but you really should go to 2.10). Put the Control Manager into "Direct Mode" so that no map is active. Next, start the calibration applet either by opening the Windows Game Controllers applet and clicking "Properties" or by clicking the "Test/Calibrate" button in the Control Manager GUI and selecting the device you want to work with. When you get to the CM calibration screen, you'll see a tab at the top labelled "Axis Settings". Select that and make your adjustments there, then click the "Apply" button. The settings there control things when you're running in Direct Mode without a map. When you have a map active, then things are controlled by the settings that you've made in the map itself and the "Axis Settings" are ignored.Hope this helps.- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com

Guest product

Thanks for all the good advice!I've found that I don't even seem to have a map running at all, when I click "calibrate" I now get the CH calibration window and can do it all from their rather than the Windows calibration I used to get.Not sure what I changed, nothing (not CH Control Manager or CH Start) seems to be running in the background or kick in at startup... kinda weird but it seems to workBest,joel