Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

For ATI card users

Thanks for that Bill.I do have an ATI card. My solution is to run it in a window with the menu bar hidden. This gives me almost as much screenspace as full screen, and it also gives me easy access to my second monitor, with no menu access flickers.You can hide the menu bar by right clicking on the screen and selecting the Hide menu bar item from the context menu.

good thing....at least they know a problem exists :)Ulisses

Hi,Just curious, but have any of you with ATI cards (mine is the 9800 Pro) noticed that the menu often does not appear in full screen when the right-ALT key is pressed? However, it appears without fail, following a couple of screen blanks, when the left-ALT key is pressed. I'm using the 3.5 Catalyst drivers and apart from the irritating repeated screen blanking as I mentioned and also when switching between windowed and full screen mode (ALT-RETURN), the drivers seem okay with FS2004 (including the setting of Mipmapping, FSAA and AF. Hopefully a driver update will soon resolve this blanking issue.Mike

Thanks for the link. Hopefully the next version of drivers fixes it.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest B1900 Mech

When running in windowed mode, Just use your monitor controls to adjust the verticle picture size to completly hide any border that is left. Jim

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello Mike(Cruachan),Yes, it's been a known problem ever since FS2004 came out. In fact, it's what the link by the originator of this thread is all about. As far as I know, I can use either ALT key to bring up the menu though. But yes, when in Full Screen mode, flashes occur when trying to access the menus. And there is 'smearing'(corruption) of graphics and text when scrolling srcollable windows when in full screen mode. As I said, these problems have been know about by ATI users since FS2004 came out and the link in the original post is about ATI stating they are aware of the problem.Sincerely,One Tin Soldier

Hi OTS (if I can presume to be so familiar),Thanks for replying. Hope it's corrected soon as I prefer running at 1280x960x32 in full screen rather than windowed mode.Mike :-wave

I'm running at 1280x960x32 on my Radeon 9500 Pro. I use windowed mode, but do notice a 3-5 FPS decrease compared to fullscreen. Is it me only..??