Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Sound Cuts Out every 12 seconds when FS2004 GPS displ...

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

Every 12 seconds the sound (engine, environment, all sounds I think) hick-ups or cuts out just for a few tenths of a second. Every 12 seconds almost exactly. This anomally appears only when I have the Garmin GPS displayed. It goes away when I close the Garmin GPS windows. Any one else experience this? Fix or workaround?Larry JonesFlorence, MT

Guest LarryJ_KMSO

For the benefit of any one that may have the same problem, I'll answer my own question!Apparently, I hit the wall of video-CPU maximum performance. When I backed off some of the CPU intensive settings, the sound cutout / hick-up problem did vanish. So, my advice, download the Reality XP Tweaker (available in the avsim library) and back off on one or more settings that are CPU intensive.The reason my sound cutout frequency was 12 seconds was because I happened to pick a particular GPS range setting. If you happen to set a different Range, the sound cut out might occur every 5 seconds or so or a at a different frequency. Look at the GPS display. If the sound cuts out just before the GPS display updates (moves), you've hit the performance wall. Back off in the settings menu or buy a new faster computer/graphics card.Live and learn... FS2004 is still a joy! Thanks M$.Larry J.Florence, MT