Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bigshot

Beechjet and Premier Update? Really?

Sorry, Eaglesoft's Beechjet 400 and Premier are still a "stutterin' slide show" on my high end computer after today's so-called "update". I'm using a 2.8 gig Dell 8250 with 512RDRAM and ATI 9700 Radeon card. Was the latest update supposed to make this plane more usable? I noticed that the update uses the FS9 folder for the update. It does not point to the plane itself if it's installed under aircraft. I believe that's how it's supposed to be upgraded; maybe some of you might know if that is correct.I should receive 512 more of RDRAM on Monday from Dell. Perhaps when I'm up to 1024 of Ram, it'll be better...just not sure. What are your experiences with what were 2 of my favorite jets in 2002? Stan

Guest bigun

Stan,I have upgraded both to FS2004 a few hours ago. My frame rate are great with both aircraft. Have all sliders maxed out, running MyTraffic and FS Meteo. Frame rates are locked at 20 and they stay there in all views. Running P4 3.0 800FSB, 1gig ram, ATI9800Pro, 22"monitor at 1600x1200x32.As far as the install, you have to re-install the base installer to FS2004 then install the update. Very complete instructions on the Eaglesoft website.George Stoddard

Thanks, George, for leading me in the right direction. Here's what I found. I was just re-installing the Beechjet over the previous installation. WRONG! I needed to delete the Beechjet, and re-install the base and literally connect to my registration key. Doing it that way gave me back my frame rates. They're still not spectacular with heavy clouds and in Seattle, but it's very flyable. Other planes seem better in this respect. Tomorrow I'll add another 512 mgs of RDRAM which is being delivered from Dell (according to my shipping tracking info.). Hopefully that will give me even better performance. Stan

Guest bigun

Great Stan,I'm glad you got it sorted out. The extra RAM will help with the sim being more fluid, but probably won't do much for FPS. What Graphics card are you using?George StoddardEdit: I see your card from your original post. Yea the clouds are the killer mainly from what I've read. You might try the information posted right here on this forum about running high priority for FS9. It does seem to be doing some good for folks.

Guest Bigshot

They're a slide show on my PIV2.53, 512mb or PC1066 and 9700 Pro too. I installed the base aircraft into FS2k4 and then installed the updates. Completely unflyable. I did not uninstall my FS2k2 aircraft. Why should I?? They would have no effect on what's going on in FS2k4. So, I put the old FS2k2 panels in them and changed out the gps' manually. Much better now; but they still eat the ram up. I can fly em' in 3d pit; but 2d pit is still a problem with some stutter occasionally. But not a slide show anymore. I won't be updating my ram because 512mb handles all of FS2k2 and FS2k4 just fine. It's only these aircraft that are a problem. That's a waste of money for the present games.