Sign in to follow this  
Guest in_04

FS2k4METAR freeware weather program uploaded to avsim!

Hello Markus,I tried the reg file and I have to say it worked OK for me. At home, I don't have Internet connection now, but yesterday night I tried your program using one of the files you included.I have 2 questions/suggestions:1) When the program updates meteo it writes a few messages on screen, often they arrive one after little time than the previous, and this causes something like a "black screen" for a moment in 2D view. Anyway I find all those messages not useful, so maybe could be better to have the first and last message only.2) It seems to me there is a problem with visibility settings. When I used "Go to airport" menu I got a 0 visibility, instead flying from an airport where the visibility was "unlimited" it remained unlimited for the whole flight, even at the destination where from the metar file there was some fog.Anyway this can become a very good freeware program, with just some improvements on your side, thank you.On a more general side, in the readme you say you can send the source code on request.Why don't we make this an Open Source/GPLd project, getting some space on Sourceforge, and looking in the FS community for programmers?CiaoFrancesco

Guest in_04

I just downloaded the program from AVSIM and take a dissasambler to decode it and found that the version I uploaded contains a hardcoded PROXY Server. So it couldn't work for you :-(This version was a special build for my home network to use a satelite connection to the internet. The right version which I used to testing and which I should uploaded didn't contain the hardcoded proxy.Again, I must apologize for this stupid error.I will upload the right version as soon as I got home and will post a link (or maybe the ZIP file) here. The program is only 84 KBytes so it would be a short download.At last I think that my next program needs more beta testers. So if some of you intrested in a "GA AI Traffic generator" you could contact me.ByeMarkus

Guest Motormouse

Guess you finally got your house finished?You mentioned earlier in the thread, that you had a version for fs2002,any chance of you uploading that,for those of us that don't have fs2004/fs9 yet.:-wavePetePs I'm still using 'Weather Unlimited' for FUIII :-)

Guest in_04

Hi Pete,yes the house is ready for use, but a house will never be finished. You have allways somthing to do, but currently I have some time to spend for my hobby.I could send you the FS2002 version per mail. I didn't upload it to avsim, because it should have more problems than the FS2004 version. Also I didn't update it to the last METAR decoder and it will only work with a full version of FSUIPC or a older 2.xx version. So I couldn't give any support on it. Maybe I should upload the whole source of the program so another programmer could finish it?ByeMarkusPS: You should get FS9 it worth every penny.

Guest in_04

Hi Francesco,>Hello Markus,>I tried the reg file and I have to say it worked OK for me. At>home, I don't have Internet connection now, but yesterday>night I tried your program using one of the files you>included.>I have 2 questions/suggestions:>>1) When the program updates meteo it writes a few messages on>screen, often they arrive one after little time than the>previous, and this causes something like a "black screen" for>a moment in 2D view. Anyway I find all those messages not>useful, so maybe could be better to have the first and last>message only.The messages are for info only. So maybe I should make a switch to disable them. >>2) It seems to me there is a problem with visibility settings.>When I used "Go to airport" menu I got a 0 visibility, instead>flying from an airport where the visibility was "unlimited" it>remained unlimited for the whole flight, even at the>destination where from the metar file there was some fog.>Did you use the full version off FSUIPC or the freeware version?Maybe you have set something in the FSUIPC "Visibility" settings?The program writes the visibility for everey METAR station via FSUIPC in FS9. So normaly it should work.Could you post youre flight route (Department/Arrival airport) here?>Anyway this can become a very good freeware program, with just>some improvements on your side, thank you.>>On a more general side, in the readme you say you can send the>source code on request.>Why don't we make this an Open Source/GPLd project, getting>some space on Sourceforge, and looking in the FS community for>programmers?>Sounds like a good idea, do you know what I must do to get some space?>Ciao>>Francesco>Bye Markus

Guest in_04

Hi all,I just made the new EXE and zipped it.I add the Zipp to this message, I will upload the Update to avsim Library too, but need some postive test before I will do this.So please download the file, test it and RESPONSE here if it worked!ByeMarkus

Guest petabread03

Hey, I must be blind, stupid or just plain crazy, but I still can't seem to find a .reg file and have no idea what to do with the reg up top. I've done everything possible to no success. If someone can tell me a step by step process in finding and fixing the reg file, that would be good. Thanks.

Guest thb

Hi Markus,seems like you wanna give us the same exe again?!The file size and the error (#2) is the same.RegardsThomas

Guest rellehenk

I can't start the program. I downloaded the registery-file and the last update.I installed the program in FS9fsmetar and I tried it in FS9Always the same errorAppName: fs2k4metar.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1 ModName: ntdll.dllModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 0000b2ab

Guest petabread03

Hey, I just downloaded the update opened it, it started then I tried to download the weather and it just froze. I tried it again and there is a window with the date and time, I just set them up and it told me 355 temperature aloft station read and valid. Now when I start the transfer to fs2004 it crashes.

Guest in_04

I hate the METAR Servers.Just discoverd that the http://meteora.ucsd.edu/weather/observations/airways/ Server didn't contain the data which should be valid (1500Z and 1600Z). Both METAR files are not there.So here is another version which contacts the http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/cycles/ Server.Problem is the METAR file is bigger (around 1 MByte) and I have last week those METAR wasn't always on time.The problem with the free METAR Servers is one reason why I wait off the release of ActiveSky 2.0. Because they use a privat METAR Server.ByeMarkus

Guest in_04

Hi Thomas,did you really overwrite the file with the one out of the ZIP file?Chris respond it worked. I also tried it and it worked too.So please download the New Update and try this.If it still doesen't work contact me for BETA testing.ByeMarkus

Guest in_04

Hi Floris,what operating system did you use?Please try the New Update also.ByeMarkus

Guest in_04

Hello,First the message of 335 temperature aloft station didn't sound wrong.Did FS2004 crash or crash FS2k4METAR?Also I just checked the METAR Server and found that the METAR files for the current time are not there. Maybe thats the reason for the crash. Could you please test the "New Update" too?ByeMarkus