Sign in to follow this  
Guest in_04

FS2k4METAR freeware weather program uploaded to avsim!

Guest in_04

Hi Thomas,the problem of yesterday crash and today working is the METAR server.Yesterday the ucsd Server didn't update the METAR files. FS2k4METAR read a dummy file which contains a HTML error message. If this file is read in by the METAR parser it crash :-(One of the things I will update in the next version will be a detection of those dummy files.Could you look in the METAR files what the METAR report for EDDT is? Best loock in both 20031113_1100Z and 20031113_1000Z_Complete maybe the report is wrong? I will take thos files for debugging and report back to you.ByeMarkus

Guest thb

Hi Markus!I checked the saved files and didn't find any EDDT line in 20031113_1100Z but in 20031113_1000Z_Complete was it: ... EDDR 131020Z 28008KT 9999 FEW006 BKN013 08/07 Q1028 NOSIG=>> EDDT 131020Z 15004KT 7000 SKC 03/M03 Q1026 NOSIG= EDDV 131020Z 15004KT 2300 BR OVC004 02/02 Q1025 NOSIG= ...showing a temperature of 3

Guest in_04

>Hi Markus!>>I checked the saved files and didn't find any EDDT line in>20031113_1100Z but in 20031113_1000Z_Complete was it:>> ...> EDDR 131020Z 28008KT 9999 FEW006 BKN013 08/07 Q1028 NOSIG=>>> EDDT 131020Z 15004KT 7000 SKC 03/M03 Q1026 NOSIG=> EDDV 131020Z 15004KT 2300 BR OVC004 02/02 Q1025 NOSIG=> ...>>showing a temperature of 3

I was playing with fs2k4meter last night, and I was getting the same problems as you all. I have updated and followed Marcus's instructions to the letter. Then I had a brain wave....boy I hate them, lol........and made a short cut on the desktop to the fs2k4meter, and bingo, it worked.Now it works, only 1 thing to say really............WOW, nice 1 Marcus.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Guest Fishu

I've been too busy to try it or even play FS lately, so I'll just ask this...Does it understand drag coefficiency numbers correctly in the METAR?FS9 real weather does not inteprid drag numbers correctly, but instead messes those up with the visibility, so every time theres drag values in the metar, it limits visibility to something crappy.I don't know if it affects in US style METAR, but I know that in europe, with visibility displayed in meters, it does not inteprid drag correctly.I suppose this program does inteprid drag nubmers correctly and simply disregards those?

Guest c190

Hello Markus:After experiencing the same problems as everyone else, I started watching this forum to get some answers. I sounds like you are getting a handle on it and I can

Guest in_04

Hi,it should work with the European METAR format, I'm a German so I tested it with more European than US data and it worked.Wait for the next version to test, it should be on avsim this weekend or early next week.ByeMarkus

Guest petabread03

Hey, I have a couple problems still with the program. It downloads fine and it says that it loads the weather in fs2004 fine, however the weather is a bit off. For example, a couple of nights ago I did a flight from KBUF-KJFK and found that it was snowing in buf which was correct, but the temperature was 15 and dewpoint at 5 and altimiter at 29.92. The winds were also wrong. At JFK the weather was broken to overcast skies with winds at 280/30G50 but in fs2004 it was sky clear and winds 090/00 altimiter at 29.92. I don't know why that happens. I looked at the metar file I downloaded and it was correct, it just did not generate in fs2004.

Guest in_04

Hi,youre description of the problem loock like, the METAR update didn't occure. I guess the new version should fix the problem.ByeMarkus

Guest Eric

Hello Markus, Thanks for this great Fs 2004 weather utility :) The only problems, sometime, is the weather utility freez with windows XP.BestEric

Guest in_04

Hi Eric,do you use the latest version?If so, could you describe the problem further?ByeMarkus

Guest sfgiants13

Every time I load it, the weather is always clear. I followed the instructions, and I went to places like ORD and SEA and they were all clear and had no winds. And on the top by the date it says 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM if that helps at all.

Guest luckyluca

it does happen to me as well(windows2000 pro sp3)You get the weather, click start, everything works fine but if you switch from fs9 to fs2k4metar it's frozen

Guest in_04

Did you use the latest version with METAR report?If no, please use only this.If yes, you should wait until the METAR report is shown, the programm need time to update.>Every time I load it, the weather is always clear. I>followed the instructions, and I went to places like ORD and>SEA and they were all clear and had no winds. And on the top>by the date it says 12/31/1969 4:00:00 PM if that helps at>all.