Sign in to follow this  
Guest in_04

FS2k4METAR freeware weather program uploaded to avsim!

Guest petabread03

404 Not Found

The requested URL /weather/observations/airways/03111215.metar was not found on this server.

Guest thb

Sorry Markus,but it still doesn't work.I installed the program, the registry keys and the non-proxy-update. When I run FS2k4Metar.exe a window opens. In the upper left corner is an input line with a date/time of Jan 1, 1970 1:00:00. WHen I press the "get current weather" button i get the error 2 (same happens when I press the update button). After appr. 2 minutes the program quits without any message. Changing the date/time values doesn't affect anything.I'm running the prog on Win XP Pro.I'll send my email to you for beta testing.RegardsThomas

Guest luckyluca

PROBLEM:The new update lets me download the weather (it means it works!)But when I click 'START' and switch back to fs9, fs2k4metar crashes.One suggestion:during the 'update' while flying fs2004, when the green text bar appears, there is a flickering on screen of both the green line contaning the text and the 2D PANELS!.it looks like it updates all the 2d stuff on screen 5-10 times a second. this only happens during updates.Could you disable or solve the flickering issue?(if you have to disable the green text bar fair enough... we don't really need it, do we?)thanksluca

Guest rellehenk

>Hi Floris,>what operating system did you use?>Please try the New Update also.>>Bye>>Markus>Hi Markus,As stupid as I am, in installed it in the wrong directory. Now I renamed the directory to fs2k4metar, and the program starts :DI am now going to test the program.Regards

Guest petabread03

Hey, I got the program to work, but I was wondering what the date and time window on top of the program has anything to do with it, do we have to set it to get weather? Is it asking for local or zulu time?

Guest in_04

>Hey, >> I got the program to work, but I was wondering what the date>and time window on top of the program has anything to do with>it, do we have to set it to get weather? Is it asking for>local or zulu time?The date and time window shows only the date and time of the METAR file read. It was planed to use this to enter a date and time and the program will try to get the weather data for this date/time. But currently it only shows the date and time, nothing more.ByeMarkus

Guest in_04

Hi Luca,the flickering could be a general FS9 problem. I use the normal functions for displaying messages in FS9.But I said in a mail before that I will include a switch to disable the messages at all. Maybe only the "starting" message should be shown.You say in youre PROBLEM: description that FS2k4 METAR crash when you press 'START'. I sugest you use the version which contacts not the NOAA server, like I wrote before I discovered that this server didn't have the METAR files on time anymore. The server did not give a standard HTTP error if the file isn't there, it generate a dummy file which contains HTML text. If FS2k4METAR get such a file it could probably crash. I think I should include a special part to discover the dummy file and give an error message out.Please test the version you found under "New Updated" if you didn't have this done before.ByeMarkus

Guest luckyluca

today fs2k4 doesn't crash.Sorry, maybe a fresh reboot helped.I tried downloading the current weather, and even pressing start it does work now.about the green bar text, it's not frustrating. The FRUSTRATING bit is that every time it updates the weather, they info is drawn several time a second making 2d stuff (text and panels) to flicker.I'd rather not have it shown at all :-)maybe an option to disable the text would be helpfull :-)compliments for fs2k4metar and thanks for your effort

Hi Markus,i think you can go directly to http://www.sourceforge.net to create the project. This site hosts the cvs system to work collaboratively on sources, and many other utilities to keep the project under control. Then you can ask for help of other programmers, even I think on this forum, or other FS sites and mailing lists.CiaoFrancesco

Please excuse me, but where is the last version, which connects to noaa server? I don't see any attachment to this message.Francesco

Guest in_04

Hi Francesco,I think I will do this on the weekend.If you a programmer too?ByeMarkus

Guest in_04

Hi,sorry for the 2D flashing, but I didn't use the 2D panel anymore for flying.If you like to BETA test it, send me a e-mail and I will send you a version without the messages now.I will try to make a new version of the program ready for this weekend.The new version will include:1. The switch for the messages2. A special path to contact both servers and remove the crash if the METAR file is in bad format.3. Maybe an update cloud generation algorithm4. A better readme file which shows that the program must be in "FS2k4METAR" folderByeMarkus

Guest thb

Hi again!I'm really surprised now.Normally my pc is running 24 hrs a day. Today I had to reboot because of some other problems and look ... now it works. :) luckyluca has the same result after rebooting.But the temperature isn't set correctly. I started at 12:30 pm at Berlin Tegel (EDDT). The weather setting worked fine but after updating, ATIS reported a temperature of -21

Guest in_04

Hi Francesco,I checked it and youre right it isn't there :-(I will add the version later today, but the ucsd server is back. So the first updated version should run now.ByeMarkus