Sign in to follow this  
Guest wkzzo

So... what exactly is the 'better support for multi monitors'?

Guest Pardue802

As far as I can tell, things for multiple monitors in FS2004 work even worse than two monitors in FS2002 did. I can't undock windows, nor can I seem to expand my screen across both monitors in full-screen mode. Anybody else figure out exactly what improvements have been offered in this area?

Guest wkzzo

Well this has been talked over hear on the forums, its a known problem in fs2004, I use 3 monitors(2 video cards) also (worked perfect in fs2002) I have found this to help in fs2004.Run your desktop resolution the same as what flightsim runs on your primary monitor. Its seems If you dont,when using windowed mode to undock it reverts to desktop resolution ,then when you change to full screen again thats where the problems start ,sometimes undocked windows stay on the 2nd or 3rd monitor sometimes they dont, you will also get the screen freeze's ocasionally (CTL ALT DEL ,dont shut down any process's just close the task manager and bring fs back up from the task bar and it will be fine again) . In running the desktop resolution same as flightsim ,no screen resizing has to take place in the switch from windowed to full screen .Also use the view menu to switch between full screen and windowed instead of alt enter.So to put it simply open the menu with the AlT key pick veiws uncheck full screen FS will revert to windowed mode ,Undock your windows you want on second monitor, then ALT key, veiws check full screen again.EDIT: What is advanced multi-monitor support? If you find it let me know.

For one, it is now possible to run TWO 3D view windows (one on each monitor) without the killing drop in fps it would cause on FS2002. ;-):-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm]Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][br][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose4.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2][/td][tr][/table

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog