Sign in to follow this  

FS 2004 Lear Jet Question

I just flew the new Lear Jet in FS 2004 and I have a couple of questions. First, I could barely see the COM/NAV frequencies, they were green and very very dim. Has anyone else experienced this. I have an ATI 9700 card, but I don't think that is the problemwith the dimness. Is there anyway to increase the brightness. Turning the panel lights on/off had no effect.Second, I couldn't turn the engines off when I landed, I put the throttles to idle cut off and they stayed on, and kept on running.Am I missing something?Any help would be appreciated. Brad

I have the same video card as you, and I can see the freqs fine. Maybe it's the resolution you are runing in? The numbers are small, so if your resolution is low then that might affect it. I'm running in 1024x768 and it looks fine.- Martin

Yup- Im running Nvidia and see the very hard to read #'s. Its in VC only, so for now maybe switch to 2-d panel?Also- to shut down engines use E then engine # then CNTRL-F1. (Press Control and F1 @ same time).So- for engine one- E-1-Cntrl(F1)

What I did to avoid switching back to the 2d panel, is I added the avionics gauge from another aircraft. So now I press a button on my yoke and up pops the comm stack just like the gps. There's no way I can read the numbers in the vc.To kill the engines you must use fuel cutoff engine's 1&2. I believe default key's are ctl/shft/f2, ctl/shft/f1 brings them back on.I had a heck of time finding out how to kill the fuel cutoffs, I did find in fsuipc the contols that do this are mixture lean and mixture rich. In the key assignments section. If you go to the 737 throttle panel you will see the cutoff switches. In the lear they are not visible in any panel but are there and usable. I assigned them to my tactical board for more realism. One switch per engine for fuel on and one switch per engine for starters.......It's great........Hope this helps.......Rex